**BONZER THREAD 2014**

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Tell us more about the little fatty w/ the boomerang fin. /lickyface/
Geoff McCoy is smiling at Sharky from his resting place.
I assume that is a locally made fin but here's the ones in Oz.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Geoff McCoy is smiling at Sharky from his resting place.
I assume that is a locally made fin but here's the ones in Oz.
I milled it for myself. Malcolm allows me some leeway re what I want to do. The file is a slightly off-menu thing that I think was called the MGB GT. As I remember, I widened up the tail even more. I don't remember the dims, but I'm pretty sure it's about 6'1". Fat X Thick. I'll check. The fin, my partner picked that up in Oz.
I talked him out of it. The board gained drive and is very loose. And it holds. I'm intrigued by the fin. The fin position was a guess, but it seems to work. I can't make the board work backside, (but I can cut it back fine on my forehand) I believe it's me. I spent a lot of time riding very small boards with narrow noses. Paddling into weak waves backside, I have a tendency to move my weight forward and give it a few jinks to get some speed. I believe I am doing that on this board, just straight muscle memory, and the nose gets in my way. I think on a little faster wave, my weight would move back further over the tail and the problem would dissipate. Pilot error. Need more time on it. Frontside it's really fun though.

Last edited: