njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
FresnoRipper said:
5'11" x 19 1/2" x 2 1/2"

A super super fun twin. Very slight wing

that A-O is killer! :jam_on:

i really would like to add one to the quiver, but i feel like it wouldn't get that much love around here.

haar

Michael Peterson status
Apr 28, 2011
Oceanside
Holy smokes Fresno, NICE! I dig the clear deck, our boards have the same mama different daddies. :shrug: :roflmao: :facelick:

I really like the outline on your a/o, the ones that I have seen were on the narrower side. I was wondering what dims would work for me with the a/o and you and I are same height and weight.

:jam_on:

kingoftheapes

Nep status
Aug 11, 2011
South Bay

5'6 x 21 1/4 x 2 9/16 Campbell Brothers MGB-GT. (my bro got this)

Catches waves well for such a short board. Have ridden this board in up to head high waves (beach break close outs) but it really shines in knee to waist high conditions.

Tried every fin but the 8" works the best.

kingoftheapes

Nep status
Aug 11, 2011
South Bay
njsurfer42 said:
that's a killer MGB-GT. how did he decide on the sizing of it? it seems big.

same dims as my mini b5, but that tail is sooo wide!
He weighs 185-190 and if floats him well. He could have gone 2" shorter for sure.

The wide tail takes some getting used to. You can really feel those deep double concaves when you turn and drive down the line.

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
Kingston said:
He weighs 185-190 and if floats him well. He could have gone 2" shorter for sure.

The wide tail takes some getting used to. You can really feel those deep double concaves when you turn and drive down the line.
it's basically a bonzer simmons, right? i love my bing puck, but bonzer version just speaks to me...& a much more seamless transition board to board.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I thought I'd dialed in this board (6'6 Russ Short), and then I surfed it with a 6.5" fin instead of a 7"; what a hugely positive difference!

I stubbornly stuck with the 7" for ages, thinking you could get more drive out of the bigger fin, and in bigger waves - 10'+ faces - it did really go. Yesterday's surf in shoulder high to overhead waves, however, opened my eyes to what the smaller fin can do. It allowed me to drive much harder off the rail, and somehow gave the board a much bigger sweet spot.

kingoftheapes

Nep status
Aug 11, 2011
South Bay
njsurfer42 said:
Kingston said:

it's basically a bonzer simmons, right? i love my bing puck, but bonzer version just speaks to me...& a much more seamless transition board to board.
It is a bonzer simmons. The bonzer fin setup is easier to transition to than a straight twin fin. You can feel the pivot off those deep double concaves.

I don't think this would replace a bing puck. it's different but good.

money4coffeeman

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 31, 2005
Maz said:
I thought I'd dialed in this board (6'6 Russ Short), and then I surfed it with a 6.5" fin instead of a 7"; what a hugely positive difference!

I stubbornly stuck with the 7" for ages, thinking you could get more drive out of the bigger fin, and in bigger waves - 10'+ faces - it did really go. Yesterday's surf in shoulder high to overhead waves, however, opened my eyes to what the smaller fin can do. It allowed me to drive much harder off the rail, and somehow gave the board a much bigger sweet spot.

Good call, I need to do the same. Been running the 7" in everything since Duncan told me "7" in Hawaii" but I need to go down a bit in the playful, stuff.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Spinktopus said:
Hey Maz, did you keep the 6.5" at the same spot you rode the 7"? Or was the 6.5" moved around until it felt good?
So far in the usual spot, i.e. just overlapping the side runners by a few mm. It's not going anywhere in a hurry.

The 7" I experimented with a bit, and ended up in exactly that same spot (until I moved it all the way up in the box while snapping the tip off - with my shin :eek: )