Bands with 3 or more perfect albums

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I feel the need to go all Bonzer5Fan on this thread for a second

An ex-GF's brother was the live soundman for Modest Mouse. May very well still be, but that was nearly 15 years ago.

My dad (RIP) went shooting a couple of times with Roger Waters. I never met the guy.

Finally, I met Rick Ocasek briefly, on the wharf at Port Du Gustavia on St Barth's. This was right before his wife Paulina boarded my friend's father's yacht where we were spending Spring Break. She spent the day drinking and sunbathing with us, anchored off Gouvenour's Beach. I was 14. That single day may very well explain my lifelong thing with beautiful women who are slightly or even significantly older than myself.

Mar 12, 2016
Hawaii
question of personal preference really. Not going to say they're perfect, but I can go through at least 3 albums without skipping, no problem.

Here's mine (minimum 3 albums)

Sade
Judas Priest
Stick Figure
Pablo Cruise
Metallica
Dave Matthews Band
Mason Jennings
Hoodoo Gurus
Cecilio and Kapono
XTC

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
pagey said:
If we aren't mentioning Beatles, I will go with Steely Dan:
Can't Buy a Thrill
Countdown to Ecstasy
Pretzel Logic
Katy Lied
The Royal Scam
Aja
I really appreciate Steely Dan now.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
subway said:

An ex-GF's brother was the live soundman for Modest Mouse. May very well still be, but that was nearly 15 years ago.

My dad (RIP) went shooting a couple of times with Roger Waters. I never met the guy.

Finally, I met Rick Ocasek briefly, on the wharf at Port Du Gustavia on St Barth's. This was right before his wife Paulina boarded my friend's father's yacht where we were spending Spring Break. She spent the day drinking and sunbathing with us, anchored off Gouvenour's Beach. I was 14. That single day may very well explain my lifelong thing with beautiful women who are slightly or even significantly older than myself.
With someone of your ilk, I was hoping for a Billy Joel namedrop cool story :bawling:
:ban:
::hat:

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
somenewones to add

Santana is definetly missing... pretty solid older albums,
Midnite
Culture

thanks for the pavement reminder!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
grapedrink said:
subway said:

With someone of your ilk, I was hoping for a Billy Joel namedrop cool story :bawling:
:ban:
::hat:
That one is too easy. I was at a fundraiser once for a local private day school, probably about 24 years old and literally just off the plane home from 3 months living off unemployment checks in Santa Teresa (surf related) I got to spend a solid 10 minutes making small talk with Christie Brinkley. My entree? I had spent a couple of months banging her kids' former au pair a few years prior. She was probably 48 or 49, and a straight up goddess. Still is. Billy blew that one. But then she married Cook, that dirt bag architect. The only good that came of that union was her daughter Sailor, who truly is a gem of a human.

Jimmy Buffet is as friendly and down to earth guy in the dirt lot at Ditch. Doesn't surf any better than he did when he started surfing however many decades ago, but he's always smiling.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I got to spend a solid 10 minutes making small talk with Christie Brinkley. My entree? I had spent a couple of months banging her kids' former au pair a few years prior. She was probably 48 or 49, and a straight up goddess. Still is.
:blush2: :bowdown: :jam_on:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
just to clarify- Christie was/is the goddess. The Au Pair was attractive, but noting to write home about lol

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I feel so sad for her one daughter. One of them looks like mom, and one looks like dad

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
[img:center]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3mDAnxdJRXg/UfFfxmW7EnI/AAAAAAAABAE/IAuhebKh1xk/s1600/album-Reading+Writing+&+Arithmetic.jpg[/img]

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
subway said:
just to clarify- Christie was/is the goddess. The Au Pair was attractive, but noting to write home about lol
:roflmao:
A buddy of mine trolled Christie's intagram when she made some anti-Trump comments, and actually got her to reply to him :roflmao:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Norm' said:
[img:center]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3mDAnxdJRXg/UfFfxmW7EnI/AAAAAAAABAE/IAuhebKh1xk/s1600/album-Reading+Writing+&+Arithmetic.jpg[/img]
I saw the Sundays with the Smithereens at Congress Street Station in Savannah in the early 90's. I don't remember their one hit song back then, but when they played it I knew who they were. When the Smithereens were playing I met one of the members of the Sundays or their crew...not sure, don't remember who....a buddy of mine was a local artist and was having a party at his warehouse/studio later...so we invite them, then they invited the Smithereens who showed up with their crew..followed by a gang of groupies. I think all the guys in the Smithereens were married at the time but the groupies and just about everyone else indulged in the free vagina. The singer of the Sundays wasn't having it and started trying to get the girls to leave, with was met with ridicule from the crew, with one of them yelling, "this is why you got thrown out of the Indigo Girls". It was classic.