Bands with 3 or more perfect albums

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
patrolman said:
Perfect may be a stretch, but any album you can play without skipping songs is the gold standard IMO. Pink Floyd and Led Zepellin immediately came to mind when I saw this thread.
As for the 3 or more caveat, Guns n Roses had at least 3 great albums, but had some skipworthy tracks. Appetite for Destruction is the exception, and one of the best of all time :jam_on:

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
It's very mood dependant for me, but;

Rage against the machine
Rise against
Metallica
DJ Shadow
Live
Nirvana

Loads of 'perfect' DJ sets too, but that doesn't meet the criteria for this thread :p

jmh

Mar 11, 2002
The Who; Sell Out, Live at Leeds, and Who's Next

The first three Hendrix albums

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
grapedrink said:
patrolman said:
Perfect may be a stretch, but any album you can play without skipping songs is the gold standard IMO. Pink Floyd and Led Zepellin immediately came to mind when I saw this thread.
As for the 3 or more caveat, Guns n Roses had at least 3 great albums, but had some skipworthy tracks. Appetite for Destruction is the exception, and one of the best of all time :jam_on:
Yeah, no perfect but totally, Zeppelin IV, Appetite and Dark Side of the Moon have no skippable tracks for me ("out ta get me" barely making it). There's probably a Fugazi and Descendents album, Nevermind and Agent Orange when I used to listen to that stuff. Harder to find these days with the way albums are released and searching for new good music.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
_____ said:
grapedrink said:
patrolman said:
Yeah, no perfect but totally, Zeppelin IV, Appetite and Dark Side of the Moon have no skippable tracks for me ("out ta get me" barely making it)..
Yes, agreed. Out ta get me would probably get my vote as well :roflmao: The 3 biggest “hits” on that album are also the most average for me compared to other songs on that album. Soooo good :beer: Wish You Were Here and Led Zepellin 2 along with appetite are probably my top 3 of all time :beer:

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Miles Davis
John Coltrane
Grant Greene
Willie Dixon
Elmore James
Howlin Wolf
Muddy Waters
Sonny Boy Williamson
Zep
Stones
Bowie
Floyd - the Final Cut is one of them
Anders Parker :) - look him up...love his sound.

Nov 19, 2010
Guided by Voices.

-Bee Thousand
-Alien Lanes
-Under the Bushes Under the Stars

then add
-Isolation Drills
-Propeller
-Universal Truths and Cycles

Anyone else know this band? Check 'em out...you're welcome.

👍