Aussie/NZ COVID.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
At my work it's all through email.

And coming from above.

But they do worse things than push wokeness.

As I have mentioned before, it's about controlling faculty at contract negotiation time.

The wokesters are useful idiots.

They are happy to oblige because it means more power for them.

The classroom in CA is a minefield. It's not just wokeness. (The biggest bad thing is the trend of parents and students having no skin in the game,)

I want to play in that minefield for 3 more years and then I am moving to Indo to live with Truth, (if he gets a job).

(He doesn't know it yet.)

You have to make a game of it.

Does your wife get any kind of retirement package at the private school? How many more years is she going to work?
No pension, just the typical employer sponsored plan.

She's only 35 so a while. But I see us bailing from city lifestyle within the next 10 years.

It pains me because generally she's lucky, admin is generally supportive of teachers and will push back against the wokies at least when it comes to academics.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Interesting that you write all that. Turn that around for a second.

I had an Uber ride with a cis-female black lesbian driver last week, pronoun "she." When I use rideshare the bartender in me comes out and I start asking people about themselves.

During this ride my driver opined that what we (the royal we) are experiencing now is the fall of capitalism, which basically replaced Xianity/monarchy hundreds of years ago. All of the unrest we see is really, deep down, humanity pushing back against a SYSTEM that has taught us to love being exploited. We are realizing that we have been oppressed for centuries and are now collectively awakening to this fact, and we're pissed off. We were indoctrinated into a cult (capitalism) and now we feel the pain it has inflicted upon us. Capitalism is a religion as much as any other ism.

We have been bullied into sh!t work for centuries, the system allows for nothing else.

We have been walking on eggshells for centuries.

Now the man is walking on eggshells. Tables are turning.

There could be something to this.
I don't think the system is oppressing us anywhere close to what it was 100 years ago.

Despite all the faults nothing has done more to increase quality of life and usher in an era of peace than capitalism.

During no time in history have things been better on this planet.

This is a direct result of the spread of capitalist systems.

I think we are now beginning to see negative returns on all this though - decline of the family, social isolation via technology, manipulation of the system driving consolidation of wealth.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I don't think the system is oppressing us anywhere close to what it was 100 years ago.

Despite all the faults nothing has done more to increase quality of life and usher in an era of peace than capitalism.

During no time in history have things been better on this planet.

This is a direct result of the spread of capitalist systems.

I think we are now beginning to see negative returns on all this though - decline of the family, social isolation via technology, manipulation of the system driving consolidation of wealth.
Capitalism makes for haves and have-nots. By its very design it can't do anything else. Maybe it's reached its limit w/r/t good doings. Maybe you (you and my Uber driver) are both right.

If by "era of peace" you mean "the US military and UN's global enforcement of capitalism," then yeah, sure. Because without that, we would not be where we are.

Reactions: Boneroni

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Capitalism makes for haves and have-nots. By its very design it can't do anything else. Maybe it's reached its limit w/r/t good doings. Maybe you (you and my Uber driver) are both right.

If by "era of peace" you mean "the US military and UN's global enforcement of capitalism," then yeah, sure. Because without that, we would not be where we are.
I'm saying the forces of market capitalism have driven innovation that has somewhat eradicated many of the factors that might lead to war for much of the planet.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I'm saying the forces of market capitalism have driven innovation that has somewhat eradicated many of the factors that might lead to war for much of the planet.
"Somewhat eradicated many of the factors that might" LOLZ. Can you be more vague. This is Krishnamurti level doublespeak. Straight up cult language.

Market capitalism as enforced by the US military and UN.

US Military has presence in something like 150 countries.

Maybe you aren't wrong, from one perspective. It's clear your indoctrination is complete.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
"Somewhat eradicated many of the factors that might" LOLZ. Can you be more vague. This is Krishnamurti level doublespeak. Straight up cult language.

Market capitalism as enforced by the US military and UN.

US Military has presence in something like 150 countries.

Maybe you aren't wrong, from one perspective. It's clear your indoctrination is complete.
There are far less people living in abject poverty than there were before. Less illiteracy, less hunger, less preventable disease. A lot of that is from capitalism lifting large swaths of China and then India out of poverty.

What I want to see is an idea of what will replace capitalism that will still provide for basic needs and a reasonable amount of wants, while also respecting individual freedoms and not relying on authoritarian control to keep people in line. IMO Northern European countries seem to do the best in regards to that. I would say Australia does too if it weren’t for some of the draconian measures they’ve taken since the virus.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I think there will be a revolt.

meanwhile in the regions with the areas north and Sydney locked down we are enjoying the most uncrowded surf in a generation.
Double overhead point surf this morning with less than 20 people out and I knew every face in the lineup.
Does that mean Lennox locals are going to turn into even bigger pricks when all of this is over / vaccinations are widely rolled out? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Bman76 and Mr J