Aussie/NZ COVID.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Did I miss something, does the Aussie variant cause gender bending? Maybe “they” swing both ways, so plural pronouns are correct.

Reactions: sdsrfr

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think this stuff is fodder for the far right to justify their assault on democracy that is taking place in the country.
I think you're overanalyzing.

This is about power and a dopamine rush.

The dopamine rush comes from taking on a new persona on social media and taking on the role of an oppressed individual.

There is romance in this sort of oppression - oppression in which one is not actually oppressed but simply fringe.

The orgasm is the point where they render power over another by making someone else do something atypical via coercion.

For instance, an employee wants to be called "they" or zir/zirs/ziff or whatever. They tell their boss, the boss has to send an email or address the change with all staff, and all staff must comply with the unusual inconvenience. Or else.

So, orgasm when everyone else has to play along.

Reactions: PJ and grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think you're overanalyzing.

This is about power and a dopamine rush.

The dopamine rush comes from taking on a new persona on social media and taking on the role of an oppressed individual.

There is romance in this sort of oppression - oppression in which one is not actually oppressed but simply fringe.

The orgasm is the point where they render power over another by making someone else do something atypical via coercion.

For instance, an employee wants to be called "they" or zir/zirs/ziff or whatever. They tell their boss, the boss has to send an email or address the change with all staff, and all staff must comply with the unusual inconvenience. Or else.

So, orgasm when everyone else has to play along.
I agree that they are just asserting dominance by playing the victim.

But I'm also saying they give far right the material to say the far left is crazy and justify their own crazy.

There is no reasoning with either side.

The answer is to not take the bait.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I agree that they are just asserting dominance by playing the victim.

But I'm also saying they give far right the material to say the far left is crazy and justify their own crazy.

There is no reasoning with either side.

The answer is to not take the bait.
The question then becomes where are people baited most directly i.e. in your face?

Usually it's in their occupation...how one puts food on the table and pays for the roof over their head.

Woke training, pronoun silliness. My wife and the school administration are now dealing with a campaign to remove Father Serra and the California missions from the history curriculum.

Some people don't have to deal with this kind of stuff but for those that do, it's like walking on eggshells.

Adults as a general rule get irritated when bullied (because that's what this really is - bullying) into playing along with someone's imaginary world or religion-based moral code.

And that's what we're dealing with - a religious movement.

Nonbelievers executed for blasphemy...religious heretics rooted out, stripped naked in the public square and beaten to death by a mob.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
  • Haha
Reactions: PJ

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's actually better to commit adultery in Punjab:

Yes, I'm sure the Loya Jirga is generally very permissive. Every time I think of a life in Jacksonville, or Melbourne, or San Diego, or Orange County, I stop, and I wistfully glance East, and think how much better it would be in Peshawar.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yes, I'm sure the Loya Jirga is generally very permissive. Every time I think of a life in Jacksonville, or Melbourne, or San Diego, or Orange County, I stop, and I wistfully glance East, and think how much better it would be in Peshawar.

He wanted a son, she wanted to play FarmVille in peace:

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Everyone is a victim. It must be devastating being oppressed by the oppressed.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
The question then becomes where are people baited most directly i.e. in your face?

Usually it's in their occupation...how one puts food on the table and pays for the roof over their head.

Woke training, pronoun silliness. My wife and the school administration are now dealing with a campaign to remove Father Serra and the California missions from the history curriculum.

Some people don't have to deal with this kind of stuff but for those that do, it's like walking on eggshells.

Adults as a general rule get irritated when bullied (because that's what this really is - bullying) into playing along with someone's imaginary world or religion-based moral code.

Nonbelievers executed for blasphemy...religious heretics rooted out, stripped naked in the public square and beaten to death by a mob.
Interesting that you write all that. Turn that around for a second.

I had an Uber ride with a cis-female black lesbian driver last week, pronoun "she." When I use rideshare the bartender in me comes out and I start asking people about themselves.

During this ride my driver opined that what we (the royal we) are experiencing now is the fall of capitalism, which basically replaced Xianity/monarchy hundreds of years ago. All of the unrest we see is really, deep down, humanity pushing back against a SYSTEM that has taught us to love being exploited. We are realizing that we have been oppressed for centuries and are now collectively awakening to this fact, and we're pissed off. We were indoctrinated into a cult (capitalism) and now we feel the pain it has inflicted upon us. Capitalism is a religion as much as any other ism.

We have been bullied into sh!t work for centuries, the system allows for nothing else.

We have been walking on eggshells for centuries.

Now the man is walking on eggshells. Tables are turning.

There could be something to this.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Interesting that you write all that. Turn that around for a second.

I had an Uber ride with a cis-female black lesbian driver last week, pronoun "she." When I use rideshare the bartender in me comes out and I start asking people about themselves.

During this ride my driver opined that what we (the royal we) are experiencing now is the fall of capitalism, which basically replaced Xianity/monarchy hundreds of years ago. All of the unrest we see is really, deep down, humanity pushing back against a SYSTEM that has taught us to love being exploited. We are realizing that we have been oppressed for centuries and are now collectively awakening to this fact, and we're pissed off. We were indoctrinated into a cult (capitalism) and now we feel the pain it has inflicted upon us. Capitalism is a religion as much as any other ism.

We have been bullied into sh!t work for centuries, the system allows for nothing else.

We have been walking on eggshells for centuries.

Now the man is walking on eggshells. Tables are turning.

There could be something to this.
Whoa whoa whoa - you can't say that sh!t out loud until the the last Boomer dies.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

At my work it's all through email.

And coming from above.

But they do worse things than push wokeness.

As I have mentioned before, it's about controlling faculty at contract negotiation time.

The wokesters are useful idiots.

They are happy to oblige because it means more power for them.

The classroom in CA is a minefield. It's not just wokeness. (The biggest bad thing is the trend of parents and students having no skin in the game,)

I want to play in that minefield for 3 more years and then I am moving to Indo to live with Truth, (if he gets a job).

(He doesn't know it yet.)

You have to make a game of it.

Does your wife get any kind of retirement package at the private school? How many more years is she going to work?

Last edited:
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
I get all kinds of email from work telling me the rules of how to act, how to treat customers, subordinates, how to act ethically and avoid conflicts of interest. For summer, we’re allow to dress cool, but we still have to where pants. I won’t be a victim. I work from home. No pants for me this summer.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm sure mis-gendering someone in California results in the same treatment as adultery/harlotry in Punjab.
I had a female student who wanted me to use male pronouns.

I was doing great.

But this same class, I had a kid with assburgers, another with turrets, and 5 unruly Kuwait boys.

And in a moment of distraction, I referred to her as her.

It was funny because s/he winced and then I winced.

But s/he was cool.

It wasn't an issue.

But we both winced. :roflmao:

All the transgender kids I've had are super smart but they never come to class.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I can find you a better-paying, more-rewarding job nearby but you will have to convert to Calvinism.

Also, my pronouns are "Sir/Mister/Usted."
I could do that.

At my work, if you went woke in the classroom, the OC right wing kids would scream bloody murder at the Dept. (They are as bold as the woke kids.)

The admin has us right where they want us.

That said, I know how to get along with 18 year olds, liberal or conservative.

It's all about signaling the nervous system with your face and your voice.