Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You'd have more credibility with this complaint if you didn't consistently oppose any proposal to fix our healthcare and infrastructure here at home.

I think we probably did blow up the pipeline and I think we probably did have a chance to sign a treaty and prevent this war but after we pulled out of Afghanistan I think the machine needed a new endless quagmire and the war interests are just too powerful to be denied.

I am disappointed but not surprised by the liberal lockstep on this issue. Calling anyone who questions the wisdom of our actions thus far a putin apologist is dumb. I know most of the republican numbskulls are making bad faith critiques and if it was Trump or Desanctimonious in power they would be cheering this sh1t on but it doesn't mean that there aren't valid concerns.
Correction

I don't oppose fixing infrastructure, that's an accepted function of government

Every proposal to "fix" healthcare involves ruining it

I am in 90% agreement with your last two paragraphs. The Neocons and the Tradcons would be cheering on the war if it was Trump or Desantis, but there is a much stronger anti-war wing on the Right than there is on the Left right now

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Correction

I don't oppose fixing infrastructure, that's an accepted function of government

Every proposal to "fix" healthcare involves ruining it

I am in 90% agreement with your last two paragraphs. The Neocons and the Tradcons would be cheering on the war if it was Trump or Desantis, but there is a much stronger anti-war wing on the Right than there is on the Left right now
Framing it as "pro" and "anti" war is very slanted.

I'm not pro war but trying to appease Putin has only made him more aggressive.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Indifference and appeasement are two different things. We have done neither
Indifference (none response) is a freeze. Sometimes a freeze works.

The west has been trying to appease Putin for years.

They thought if he was doing business with us, making money off the west, he wouldn't fuck himself over to fuck us.

They never read "the frog and the scorpion" fable.

The prose is kind of corny but this gives you good insight into Putin's character

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
JUAN GONZÁLEZ: Sy, I wanted to ask you, in terms of the lack of — it always seemed to me, when the claims were that potentially Russia had sabotaged its own pipeline, that it was ludicrous to think that that would be so, that they would invest so much money in pipelines and then bomb them themselves. But I’m interested in the lack of press attention since the sabotage occurred, and also the lack of congressional attention. I think back to the CIA’s mining of the Managua harbors back in the early 1980s under the Reagan administration, when the conservative Republican head of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Barry Goldwater, objected and raised concerns that this was a covert operation where Congress was not notified. And then, of course, Congress cut off aid to the Contras. As a result, there was an International Court of Justice ruling against the United States. But in this case, this kind of sabotage, the media seems not to be at all interested in finding out what happened here, as you have, or, in Congress, there’s no one in Congress that’s been raising questions.
The idea that Russia blew up their own pipeline was always insane to anyone with a brain.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Seems like the US and Ukraine are saving Russia a lot of money by killing off it's convicts

If the estimates are north of 100k KIA on each side, and only Wagner is springing cons and they're down 9K, I'm not impressed.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
One day Putler rolled out of bed and wanted to play USSR Napoleon in Reverse.
Other pro-Kiev private battalions have starved civilians as a form of warfare, preventing aid convoys from reaching separatist-controlled areas of eastern Ukraine, according to the Amnesty report.

Some of Ukraine’s private battalions have blackened the country’s international reputation with their extremist views. The Azov battalion, partially funded by Taruta and Kolomoisky, uses the Nazi Wolfsangel symbol as its logo, and many of its members openly espouse neo-Nazi, anti-Semitic views. The battalion members have spoken about “bringing the war to Kiev,” and said that Ukraine needs “a strong dictator to come to power who could shed plenty of blood but unite the nation in the process.”
Hey cool it with the antisemitism there guys.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020