Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
I think this is just another of their fvvk-ups like Vietnam, Iraq II, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. They thought they were going to cause Putin to lose face, the Russians turn against him, and Russia break-up. So far, I don't see any proof that's happening. Our government hasn't given us KIA estimates for the AFU. Open sources claim Russia is firing about 10x as many shells at the Ukrainians as the Ukrainians are at them. Meanwhile, the Ukraine is being destroyed and its people fleeing. Wicked.

^^^^^^

Who cares what you think?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
seeing as how the government does not seem to be trying to convince Americans that we need to intervene in any capacity greater than using Ukraine as a recycling bin for weapons systems that are aging/aged out, I'm not sure exactly what you think we're being lied to about re: Ukraine or to what end those lies are being told....
Any intervention is too much. NOT.OUR.PROBLEM

see also: Ukraine Infrastructure Week and Ukrainian Health Care Replacement Plan
We're going to fix their stuff before ours? Seems about right

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Pretty much what I said before, but this article concisely summarized the Biden regime’s means, motive and opportunity for the attack. The regime officially denies it even though Biden and Nuland both said they were going to do it. Still, this will change no minds on here - CNN hasn’t reported it and the author’s sources are anonymous (like CNN’s).

In the Boomer mind, the Cold War will never end. If anything, the US has increased its paranoia and militarism towards Russia since the end of the USSR. Hopefully it doesn’t bring the world to a glowing end.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Pretty much what I said before, but this article concisely summarized the Biden regime’s means, motive and opportunity for the attack. The regime officially denies it even though Biden and Nuland both said they were going to do it. Still, this will change no minds on here - CNN hasn’t reported it and the author’s sources are anonymous (like CNN’s).
He's already sinned against the Cathedral, so the character assassination on this article will start shortly if they don't manage to squash it completely

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
He's already sinned against the Cathedral, so the character assassination on this article will start shortly if they don't manage to squash it completely

If CNN didn’t report it, it didn’t happen. “Media literacy” - in the newspeak lexicon - means being the small minority that watches CNN.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
If CNN didn’t report it, it didn’t happen.
Bergen: Several years back, some people were calling NATO obsolete. Is it?

Petraeus:
This question gets at one of the ironies of the situation. Putin set out to “Make Russia Great Again.” However, what he has done is make NATO great again – with two very capable, historically neutral powers (Finland and Sweden) seeking NATO membership; with substantially increased defense spending by NATO members, most notably Germany; with augmentation of NATO forces in the Baltic states and eastern Europe; and with the greatest unity among NATO members since the end of the Cold War.

Thanks to Putin, the description of NATO as suffering from “brain death” by French President Macron in late 2019 has turned out to be more than a bit premature.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
We're going to fix their stuff before ours? Seems about right
You'd have more credibility with this complaint if you didn't consistently oppose any proposal to fix our healthcare and infrastructure here at home.

I think we probably did blow up the pipeline and I think we probably did have a chance to sign a treaty and prevent this war but after we pulled out of Afghanistan I think the machine needed a new endless quagmire and the war interests are just too powerful to be denied.

I am disappointed but not surprised by the liberal lockstep on this issue. Calling anyone who questions the wisdom of our actions thus far a putin apologist is dumb. I know most of the republican numbskulls are making bad faith critiques and if it was Trump or Desanctimonious in power they would be cheering this sh1t on but it doesn't mean that there aren't valid concerns.

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There are four responses to perceived threats.

All of them have potentially catastrophic outcomes.

The certainty I'm seeing from the experts here is off the hook.

In fact magic 8 ball says the future is uncertain.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think we probably did have a chance to sign a treaty.
Putin has a long record of operating in bad faith negotiations.

The west has bent over backwards to appease him and it's just made him more aggressive.

That is not to say the war business doesn't want to keep the wars going.

As I noted magic 8 ball says . . .

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois