Are the Democrats about to cook up a fake war

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Oh “phobia” is a different thing? So you can agree that terms like “homophobia” “fatphobia” and “transphobia” are nonsense? Russiaphobia was very deliberately used

we’re definitely looking at this in a different way., mainly based on what we’re prioritizing. Do we want to prioritize domestic affairs and the American people? Or international affairs and military contractors?
Phobia is an irrational fear.

I believe Russia's threat is real. There are lots of reasons for this. See Russian history. To frame is as a phobia is strawman.

The flaw in your reasoning is that the money spent on fighting Russia would be spent on domestic affairs and the American people.

Like I said, you think isolationism would lead to better outcomes and I don't.

But we really don't know.

It's the old over reaction and under reaction deal.

Reactions: afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Phobia is an irrational fear.

I believe Russia's threat is real. There are lots of reasons for this. See Russian history. To frame is as a phobia is strawman.
Like I said, the usage was deliberate for a couple different reasons. You may think your fear is rational, I do not. And it was double-edged to point out other irrational uses. We'll continue that moving forward

The flaw in your reasoning is that the money spent on fighting Russia would be spent on domestic affairs and the American people.
As a people, we have to demand that. Simply brushing it off because it has been done for the last century isn't going to bring about change

Like I said, you think isolationism would lead to better outcomes and I don't.

But we really don't know.

It's the old over reaction and under reaction deal.
It's an agree to disagree situation but its not based on feelings either. The fact you use the pejorative isolationism rather than accepting that the true position is anti-interventionist is a tell.

We have a country that is deeply in debt that is constantly throwing money outside the country. We can leave out where the funding is coming from, and simply notice that it is untenable and will eventually destablize more than the intended purpose of the foreign meddling which is strengthening the spheres of influence and trade networks. We have a chance to save the empire before we do what every other empire before us has done, die from being spread thin

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Like I said, the usage was deliberate for a couple different reasons. You may think your fear is rational, I do not. And it was double-edged to point out other irrational uses. We'll continue that moving forward

As a people, we have to demand that. Simply brushing it off because it has been done for the last century isn't going to bring about change

It's an agree to disagree situation but its not based on feelings either. The fact you use the pejorative isolationism rather than accepting that the true position is anti-interventionist is a tell.

We have a country that is deeply in debt that is constantly throwing money outside the country. We can leave out where the funding is coming from, and simply notice that it is untenable and will eventually destablize more than the intended purpose of the foreign meddling which is strengthening the spheres of influence and trade networks. We have a chance to save the empire before we do what every other empire before us has done, die from being spread thin
Most Americans, including the ones on here, can't find Russia on a map. Russophobia is probably a good term for their manufactured anxiety about Russia. The main reason for their Russophobia is it distracts them from real problems nearby that they are therefore obligated to take concrete action to fix. It also validates the Boomer worldview that nothing has changed since the Boomers' cringe youthful rebellion. Russia is still the threat, there's always been rampant inflation and crime and sexual mores have always been collapsing. Have you heard the latest - that Russia is building the Death Star? This is straight out of the Boomers' magnum opus "Star Wars."

Have you thanked a Boomer today? Here's one:
1708357349202.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: afoaf and Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

We'll see what happens.

Your dream might come true.

If so, I hope you are right.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
The wild card is NATO. If they ante-up and throw some serious chips in, such as getting off Russia's natural resources and bringing Ukraine in, Russia will just keep their expansion growing.

Russia is playing the long game and can make their populace suffer easy enough to pull it off. If they occupy Ukraine, Europe will get their own West Bank with a shithole breeding ground for terrorists.

Reactions: afoaf