Album Townsend model

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Long ago, he sold boards in the Classifieds at rock bottom prices, then opened a store in OC called Threads and something or rather, went alt resin tint on everything raised prices and the rest is history.

bigglesworth

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 8, 2017
Just looked at the site. It’s very gotten very sleek since I was last there. $750 for a pu/pe, thruster set up. So closer to 8 with tax. 😬

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Wouldn’t buy into the hype. The boards come in all kind of fancy finishes, sure they probably work alright. But at what cost? Are you willing to pay 1k+ for a board that will fall apart in a few years?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
fishtank said:
Wouldn’t buy into the hype. The boards come in all kind of fancy finishes, sure they probably work alright. But at what cost? Are you willing to pay 1k+ for a board that will fall apart in a few years?
that's a silly way of looking at it. I have boards way over a few years old and in good condition...

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I think you should go for it Aruka.

Album has been around for a while and has mostly positive feedback. Never going to be able to please everyone.

Looks like a board you could have fun messing around on.

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
"There is some sort of backstory that isn't pleasant via OTdos"

thank god for shpaing machines and CAD slap some kewl resin job on and ur the best in the biz!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yet nother thread where people who complain about low profit margins in surfboard sales are now complaining about a guy charging high prices.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
casa_mugrienta said:
Havoc4k said:
Album Matt paid his dues.
Where?

I'm asking because he seemed to come out of nowhere.

I tried to find out info about his shaping career but I don't see anything on the Google about Album Surfboards prior to 2014.
I had an Album board as early as 09

I went to his marketing office and ordered it in person when I was down here visiting. He met me on a Saturday. He then shipped it up to Santa Cruz. It was a great board.

His Ledge model is one that will live in my quiver forever

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
sd_101 said:
I always wondered if Biolos was knocking Album in references to Asym and some shapers just blindly trying things.
That's exactly what I thought reading Matt Biolos' discourse on his Maysym.

I've had my eye on several Albums, but paying 2x what I usually pay for a board isn't that motivating. They do have their aesthetic/marketing down. There are numerous Albums hanging on the walls in the Ritz Carlton above Salt Creek. My wife and I sneak into the pool there with friends sometimes and we were all commenting how nice looking the sprays/tints/resin works were.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Pulled the trigger last night after a couple beers.

Twin fin quiver is growing boyz