Album Surfboards

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Interesting. Some clips slowed down, some sped up, some at normal speed. Watched closely at his fin choices - seemed to pre mostly twins or twins w/ trailer. Noticed at one point him really carefully milking the board to get through a barrel section. When he kicked out, saw it was a thruster.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Reminds me of this…

Popularized by Mervin manufacturing companies Lib Tech and GNU, the idea of serrated edge skis and snowboard has gained traction (pun intended) over the last couple of years. Also known as Magne-Traction, serrated edge skis and snowboards are designed to provide additional gripping power for your shred stick(s). The basic premise is that the wavy edge of the board provides additional contact surfaces for the board to grip the surface.

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Reminds me of this…

Popularized by Mervin manufacturing companies Lib Tech and GNU, the idea of serrated edge skis and snowboard has gained traction (pun intended) over the last couple of years. Also known as Magne-Traction, serrated edge skis and snowboards are designed to provide additional gripping power for your shred stick(s). The basic premise is that the wavy edge of the board provides additional contact surfaces for the board to grip the surface.

Does seem mildly similar. However, magnetraction and progressive sidecuts are only coming into effect when boards are flexed. I don't know if it'd be a thing in a surfboard that doesn't flex anywhere as much as a snowboard.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I don’t see how it’s the same as before. He was all over albums feed, Parker’s and visa versa..and album was on his profile. Now it’s just beer and e-bikes. Something is up

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
You have a weird obsession with who owns what and who pays who in the surf world.

Not trying to insult you or anything, it’s just interesting to me that someone is so interested in something I have no interest in at all.
I do?

Just me?

That's interesting , considering everyone here is always bringing up STAB's hit series "How Surfers Get Paid" and and there's an actual thread going about it on the main forum.

Obsession. Huh.