Album Surfboards

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Gonna bring some fins to the beach tomorrow and have a test session. I have some Greg Webber flex fins that be fun in the Twinsman. Album Twins, Fascination Twins, Aipa twins and Kraken Twins. Might only get to try 2 since I have to work.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Gonna bring some fins to the beach tomorrow and have a test session. I have some Greg Webber flex fins that be fun in the Twinsman. Album Twins, Fascination Twins, Aipa twins and Kraken Twins. Might only get to try 2 since I have to work.
True Ames TA twins are well regarded for Twinsmans. I used them in mine for awhile but ended up going with a bigger fin, NVS Doc Tall Boys and those feel better for me. I’m considerably heavier than you so you might like them in the TM. It’s a fin that seems to make you forget that you have fins, if that makes sense.

Some fins you put in and can feel what the fin is doing. The TAs just work.

I’m running TAs in my Alpha Omega and they worked like magic today.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Entering the MP chat...... close to ordering a winged Lightblender. Dig fishes and seems like a safe place to start. Volume wise would go 5'11" stoke. At 6' tall and a 50YO ageing surfer any reason to go shorter? 5'10" is as short as I'd prob go these days. Coming off an MR Blowlos CA twin that was ripped off back in Oct. Any advice would be appreciated.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Entering the MP chat...... close to ordering a winged Lightblender. Dig fishes and seems like a safe place to start. Volume wise would go 5'11" stoke. At 6' tall and a 50YO ageing surfer any reason to go shorter? 5'10" is as short as I'd prob go these days. Coming off an MR Blowlos CA twin that was ripped off back in Oct. Any advice would be appreciated.
why winged - been on the edge of ordering a lightblender for months

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
They're pretty pulled-in hp tail without a wing. But fishy and chunky front and rails, yet all albums feel chunky to me but they all work. I could see wing working if you want snappier turns. You'll like it!

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I have a winged-bender. It’s a custom 5’4 with the stoke 5’3 dims (around 29L). I’m 5’10/160 and getting real close to the big 5-0. I’d say go as short as you feel comfortable and around your normal “fish” volume. Like Sauce said, they’re pretty wide and chunky up front with a pulled in tail (for a fish), especially the winged tail and semi-chunky rails.

I’ve ridden mine from knee high up to about head high. It goes pretty well in everything, but I’d say the sweet spot is stomach to head high. Not as grovelly as my Plasmic, but can make it work if it’s the only boar I have with me and the
waves are small.

Still wet from this morning’s sesh in waist high surf:

9F439607-F007-4E4A-B689-247D9EBF927E.jpeg

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I have a winged-bender. It’s a custom 5’4 with the stoke 5’3 dims (around 29L). I’m 5’10/160 and getting real close to the big 5-0. I’d say go as short as you feel comfortable and around your normal “fish” volume. Like Sauce said, they’re pretty wide and chunky up front with a pulled in tail (for a fish), especially the winged tail and semi-chunky rails.

I’ve ridden mine from knee high up to about head high. It goes pretty well in everything, but I’d say the sweet spot is stomach to head high. Not as grovelly as my Plasmic, but can make it work if it’s the only boar I have with me and the
waves are small.

Still wet from this morning’s sesh in waist high surf:

View attachment 171477
@Goofy_Footed are you getting your Albums glassed 6+4/4 or 4+4/4?

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Left this badboy in a car in the blazing heat, didn't he :D

It quite literally let out a dank fart!
Edit: It is winter in the Northern hemisphere though.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2014
Someone in the Comments saying they’ve been repairing a lot of delam dark arts lately. They look so fun but would be terrified to have one in FL

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Left this badboy in a car in the blazing heat, didn't he :D

Left it in sun for 13.7 seconds.