Akila Aipa's/Slater Designs' Twin release

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I really like watching his videos, and he made it look a lot more appealing than Salad's slog fest.
I like him too. He's way more layed back. Plus he's surfing in better waves than Salsa... and the sun is out and he's in a short arm... he makes me wanna go surf for sure.

You can see him getting used to the board. By the 3rd and 4th session he was getting better and better.

Reactions: trifish and SD_Dan

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Okay im gonna be honest, reforest you should emulate his frontside style, cause you have a similar begin to your frontside carves from the clips i had watched awhile back on IG

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I've watched a few other of Wooly's board reviews and he seems to ride the FE best.
I was thinking the same. It looked like the board was working for him well compared to some i've seen him on. Always like his reviews. Entertaining, good amount of info, and easy to relate to in a way.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
it says available this summer on their site. I really like the AA futures version, so might have to check these out.
Me too. I like the futures version and that nubster looks good. Looks a littler different design than the von sol nubster.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Me too. I like the futures version and that nubster looks good. Looks a littler different design than the von sol nubster.
An actual nubster didn't seem to do enough to notice, IMO. I've used the T1 trailer or little True Ames 2.5" trailer with the blue/green Akilas and they work great.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
felt one up today
not really a sexy board
but it does appear to work quite well, which is the important part

Reactions: ReForest

surfMOMster

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 18, 2003
Redondo Ave's
Akila sent me a set of the Huckleberry's to ride with my Mod-Fish, but they have too much fin area for me at my weight. So my daughter has given them a go in her two Flat Earths.
She has the 5'3 and the 5'5.
I rode the 5'3 (24L) with just the twin set-up and it was super squirrely but seriously fun, felt like it definitely needed the trailer for control and stability. Surprised at the looseness even with the "bigger" fins, because my other boards with same volume aren't even close to being as sensitive yet responsive as the Flat Earth.
I've not ridden the 5'5 (26L) yet. My girl rides this one as a dedicated twin without the trailer and it looks so good under her feet! She likes both boards a lot, but usually chooses the higher volume one.
The Huckleberry set is real nice, and worth looking into.

1620791912541.png

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Akila sent me a set of the Huckleberry's to ride with my Mod-Fish, but they have too much fin area for me at my weight. So my daughter has given them a go in her two Flat Earths.
She has the 5'3 and the 5'5.
I rode the 5'3 (24L) with just the twin set-up and it was super squirrely but seriously fun, felt like it definitely needed the trailer for control and stability. Surprised at the looseness even with the "bigger" fins, because my other boards with same volume aren't even close to being as sensitive yet responsive as the Flat Earth.
I've not ridden the 5'5 (26L) yet. My girl rides this one as a dedicated twin without the trailer and it looks so good under her feet! She likes both boards a lot, but usually chooses the higher volume one.
The Huckleberry set is real nice, and worth looking into.

View attachment 109347
Those are some sweet looking fins! :jamon:

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
OG logo pu version

Reactions: oeste858