Akila Aipa's/Slater Designs' Twin release

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
^True. I'm excited to throw a couple under the arm. I bought an Akila Twin through Varial (online) last year and it felt too foiled-out for it's stated dimensions for what I'd be riding it in, so I returned it. I would have kept it if I lived somewhere with some juice, which smallish South Bay (what I surf predominately ) lacks.

Reactions: MathDebater

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Can't wait to see one on Oahu craigslist after some military Officer blows $1000 at Hawaiian South Shore only to realize surfing a twin fin is harder than the Wavestorm :shaka:

Interesting article from Beach Grit:

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Akila is the type that if the Firewire boards aren't exactly to spec, he'll shut it down. He honestly cares that much about each board. He'll text you a month after you picked up your custom and ask how it's going.
Yes he will. My wing twin has gone into the holy grail of keepers. Thank god I went epoxy over pu. I dont want to own a firewire. And @ChaseTMP , his foils belie the low end his boards have. Under arm, they're much faster than they feel like they will be, even in average waves.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
This is a great way for people like me who have been gagging for an Akila, but could never take the plunge because of currency conversion + postage drama.