How’s the stock market?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Palantir is really pumping this month - up 25% since ER. you put this on my radar - good call :cheers:
And here I thought nobody listened to Turtle. Not surprised that they’re doing well, just that it’s ahead of schedule.

CrowdStrike earnings date is coming up on the 30th https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crowdstrike-holdings-inc-nasdaq-crwd-120030900.html

I’m optimistic but no matter what I can’t see how they along with: Fortinet, Synopsys, and ServiceNow aren’t going to do real good in the next few years.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
r32, I'm not replying about your image specifically. I'm talking about how everyone is reacting to AI overall... they act like before AI there could never be fake images or videos that could trick people into believing something that's not true. Coming from a design background this is particularly cringey. Yes, I understand that AI can do this faster. but that's not what people are reacting to, they're reacting about how real it looks, and that's nothing new.
I've been trying to make this point about A"I" but your opinion carries more weight.

Americans just need something to "react" to/freak out about. We seem to be heading towards a civilizational discontinuity.

Reactions: brukuns and kawika

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
interesting documentary about the GME short squeeze and markets in general. worth the time :cheers:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Bro AI and chat bots and photoshops are party tricks/just the lemon next to the pie.

“"We are the first Brazilian fashion retail brand to rely on this artificial intelligence technology. The flow developed allowed us to optimize and speed up the entire purchase process: from the initial planning, to sending the products to the stores. Among the significant gains, I'd highlight the increase of sales of products that were in stock and the reduction of unnecessary overstock," said Bruno Ferreira, Planning and Business Intelligence Director for C&A Brazil.

Over the course of three months, Palantir implemented the entire flow of ingestion, processing and generating purchase recommendations for all best-selling products, including new models. The Foundry software reconciled numerous variables that influenced long-term inventory planning, sales seasonality, product performance variations, financial criteria, and other factors. Through this process, C&A identified several opportunities to improve inventory management of its best sellers.

"We formed a Digital Twin of the company's logistics chain, giving the planning teams not only a complete view of the purchasing process, but also the power to quickly simulate new rules and scenarios, and thus prevent extreme situations," explains Henrique Valer, Head of Palantir LatAm.”

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Bro AI and chat bots and photoshops are party tricks/just the lemon next to the pie.

“"We are the first Brazilian fashion retail brand to rely on this artificial intelligence technology. The flow developed allowed us to optimize and speed up the entire purchase process: from the initial planning, to sending the products to the stores. Among the significant gains, I'd highlight the increase of sales of products that were in stock and the reduction of unnecessary overstock," said Bruno Ferreira, Planning and Business Intelligence Director for C&A Brazil.

Over the course of three months, Palantir implemented the entire flow of ingestion, processing and generating purchase recommendations for all best-selling products, including new models. The Foundry software reconciled numerous variables that influenced long-term inventory planning, sales seasonality, product performance variations, financial criteria, and other factors. Through this process, C&A identified several opportunities to improve inventory management of its best sellers.

"We formed a Digital Twin of the company's logistics chain, giving the planning teams not only a complete view of the purchasing process, but also the power to quickly simulate new rules and scenarios, and thus prevent extreme situations," explains Henrique Valer, Head of Palantir LatAm.”

bought a bunch of PLTR at $9 and wish i'd bought more. now i've got a limit order for some more at $12, i think it's got a shot to get filled today coz this NVDA rally actually looks a little thin.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
bought a bunch of PLTR at $9 and wish i'd bought more. now i've got a limit order for some more at $12, i think it's got a shot to get filled today coz this NVDA rally actually looks a little thin.
Damage if you do damage if you don’t /either way win win situation. Nobody ever went broke taking profits and I think PLTR is more better long term? Especially stocked about how Karp is planning on going full Conan on AI

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Damage if you do damage if you don’t /either way win win situation. Nobody ever went broke taking profits and I think PLTR is more better long term? Especially stocked about how Karp is planning on going full Conan on AI

i agree - looks like a buy and hold, which means .50 per share doesn't mean much in the whole scheme of things.

Reactions: Chocki

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
NVIDIA now the 6th largest company in the world.

Nearing $1 trillion valuation.

AI hype is real. AI chip manufacturing all the rage.
I won't fault you for trying to make money off the A"I" pump 'n dump, but there are no real technologies behind it. Get out with the smart money.

• Haha
Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Orlando airport
It’s the safe choice
It’s solid fuel when you need it but I sold based off doing a J with my morning coffee and really thinking how many more burritos can they sell going forward/are there to sell???

Stocks I rolled over into did well td, and after I bought for the most part.
SNPS + 9.82%
NOW + 5.82%