How’s the stock market?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
One of these days, train is gonna have left the station and it will be too late to get onboard. Gaining steam again. Firm believer in putting my money where my mouth is so added another 25% to my PLTR holdings this morning in advance of earnings

Palantir is really pumping this month - up 25% since ER. you put this on my radar - good call :cheers:

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I honestly don't get these people freaking out about AI. These fake images/videos can be done by real people probably even more realistically so. Deep fake is nothing new.

Reactions: sussle

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I honestly don't get these people freaking out about AI. These fake images/videos can be done by real people probably even more realistically so. Deep fake is nothing new.
AI...

Already better than 95% of photoshop artists
Can generate logos, graphics, ads
Can generate 3d models of people, vehicles, buildings, landscapes
Can do all of this infinitely faster than humans
Is in beginning stages and barely scratching surface with capabilities

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
AI...

Already better than 95% of photoshop artists
Can generate logos, graphics, ads
Can generate 3d models of people, vehicles, buildings, landscapes
Can do all of this infinitely faster than humans
Is in beginning stages and barely scratching surface with capabilities
I think, as far as deep fakes, this is an immense overreaction.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
r32, I'm not replying about your image specifically. I'm talking about how everyone is reacting to AI overall... they act like before AI there could never be fake images or videos that could trick people into believing something that's not true. Coming from a design background this is particularly cringey. Yes, I understand that AI can do this faster. but that's not what people are reacting to, they're reacting about how real it looks, and that's nothing new.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD and r32

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
  • Love
Reactions: grapedrink

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
AI copy has no soul, and you know when you read it.
Puts new meaning to the “ability to fog a mirror” job requirement!

”candidate must have a soul”

yes, my wife’s company has laid off AI employees they thought were real people.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Disasterbation.

More disasterbation.

- grapedrink, out!
@grapedrink
Did drainer do a good job spelling disasturbation?
Is the entirety of one of the component words of a portmanteau supposed to be in there, or is that HP longboard-tier style?
Is disasturbation tightly focused on drainer regularly spouting Peter Schiff-tier one-note doom and gloom for decades plural with respect to monetary policy, or was it a knee-jerk response from you in the face of any sign of potential instability?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
doubt this is real but it's probably spot on, either way.

Lots of fitness space bros love chipotle because you can order a high protein meal as a salad or bowl. They always say to wait to tell the cook that you want extra meat after they scoop the first serving, because otherwise they will screw you :roflmao:

Reminds me of the pizza place I worked at in high school. A large pizza had 8 oz of cheese that went under the toppings. If you ordered “Extra Cheese” (note that it was no longer “Double” but now “Extra”) they would put 2 oz on the sauce, then the other toppings, then 7 oz over the top to make it look like there was way more cheese :ROFLMAO: So you paid $2 for whole extra Ounce of cheese :roflmao:

I would certainly agree that there was/is pricing tomfoolery in the meat packing space since Covid where a small handful of producers control 80-90% of the market.

Reactions: Chocki