How’s the stock market?

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
NVIDIA up again. Closing on trillion dollar mark.
Palantir is up almost dbl digit again td too. Im convinced that when the open they bottle for the world on June 1 and let the genie out at the customer driven demo jaws will drop
1685459951399.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: r32

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Got lucky and the few minutes I watched of the Palantir live demo yd were very informative. Alex Karp is legit brilliant.

Biggest thing I was stocked on wasn’t even how fucking rad their new software is.

It was hearing some head dude from Cisco say what was the one thing he wrote in his notebook at the same event last year. “Iterate with who you trust”. And I’m assuming that it’s who you trust with your data.

Palantir has all that US gov business bc they can be trusted with data. I can see a lot of companies following suit on that basis alone not to mention how many years ahead of the competition the dank new software looks. Some auto company guy showed off some wild stuff, like being able to know everything about every single car in production, on the dealer’s lots, and in transit. Everything. And the AI he showed was even wilder.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

This has been my stance on the company as well since day 1. This guy gets/nails it imo 100%

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

This has been my stance on the company as well since day 1. This guy gets/nails it imo 100%

i'm tempted to buy some more but never sure if the ship has sailed or not (not just PLTR, any rising stock).

in other news, the S&P is now up 20% over it's low of last October, which meets the definition of a bull market. who knows how for how long? :shrug: the psychology at work here is interesting:

We're In The Midst Of A Market Melt-up
“It’s just Wall Street slang, essentially, for a market that won’t go down, even if there are headlines that mean it should,” clarified Tom Essaye, Sevens Report Research Founder and President.

Where the melting comes in, Essaye explained, is the spreading nature of the rally. It keeps going, pulling in more stocks and eventually pulling in more investors who may have been reluctant to chase it. Witness the range-bound S&P 500 that broke out on Friday, and ended yesterday with a 20% rally from mid-October's low. Folks, we've entered a new bull market.

Keep an eye on which stocks are participating. The bulk of gains this year has been thanks to a handful of large-cap tech stocks, driven by AI enthusiasm. Thursday and Friday's boost was more broad-based, as evidenced by a ratio of the S&P 500 to the S&P 500 Equal-Weight Index.

The longer the overall rise persists, the more difficult it is to ignore. “If you’re underweight, you gotta be waking up today feeling nervous. Because this thing has momentum in the near term, and you’re missing it,” Essaye told Yahoo Finance. Essentially, the FOMO crowd may start coming out of the woodwork to chase the rally.

Reactions: grapedrink

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m big on buy the hype sell the news if you’re in it for trades.

im no dooms dayer but summer/fall has never been good to me and stonks. hodl the long positions but ditch the fodder.

I enjoy a nice year end rally before doing it over again.

Reactions: grapedrink

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
i'm tempted to buy some more but never sure if the ship has sailed or not (not just PLTR, any rising stock).

in other news, the S&P is now up 20% over it's low of last October, which meets the definition of a bull market. who knows how for how long? :shrug: the psychology at work here is interesting:
All I know is whoever called 3800 and 4200 as wicked important for the Spf 500 was dead on, so now until I heard diff all I care bout is >= 4200. Don’t own much anymore that ain’t tech tbh and it’s been showing big time lately

As for Palantir so far everything has played out exactly like I thought it would with two exceptions. They became profitable and AI hit the table sooner than expected. That and I think everyone is really underestimating the importance of the recent SOCOM contract. It means imo that along with the whole trust thing Palantir has developed some crazy sh!t zero dark 30 irl bro ie the best out there.

And then there’s this

in conclusion I’m more convinced than ever that while they ain’t the only one Palantir is as good bet as any for investing in the next Apple etc long term. As for whether or not you should by more

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
calling something an apple is something else but circle of trust contracts are plentiful and for the taking.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Its
calling something an apple is something else but circle of trust contracts are plentiful and for the taking.
If I understand you correctly I’m going to disagree. It’s not about already being in the circle of trust(?) it’s about being the one you can trust the most with your data ie Palantir.

As far as being another Apple?

Palantir CEO Alex Karp on AI: 'We're Going to Take the Whole Market'

Me on Palantir CEO Alex Karp

1686103150043.jpeg

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
true dat. a lot can happen along the way.
Palantir generated 45% of its revenue from its government clients in its most recent quarter. That business might initially seem rock-solid since Palantir established a first-mover advantage across the U.S. government, but it could actually be derailed by internally developed platforms across those agencies.

For example, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has reportedly been developing its own data mining platform, RAVEn, to replace FALCON, the agency's customized version of Palantir Gotham. If other government agencies follow ICE's example over the next few years, Palantir's government business could gradually crumble.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
true dat. a lot can happen along the way.
Like so many civilians will want their sh!t it don’t matter. At the recent customer demo the auto company guy said Palantir gonna let them know everything about every car bro. You name it. How many are being built rn, where are they going how and how long it is taking for them to get there , how many sold this month, where, for how much, what incentives were applied, what’s sitting on dealers lots not selling, where, for how long, what model and color and options sold the most last month etc and all instantaneous to credentialed users anywhere using natural language queries

Theyre also experts at/infamous for making it real difficult to not use their products anymore. Legend

Last edited:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Its

If I understand you correctly I’m going to disagree. It’s not about already being in the circle of trust(?) it’s about being the one you can trust the most with your data ie Palantir.

As far as being another Apple?

Palantir CEO Alex Karp on AI: 'We're Going to Take the Whole Market'

Me on Palantir CEO Alex Karp

View attachment 155783
by circle of trust, i just mean they're already in the good ole boys club of govt money and trusted secrets. they have brand recognition within the sector, and (imo) when it comes to reviewing gov't bids, this goes quite a long way when going into a sole source provider or prime contractor.

i think a better example of similarities wouldn't be apple but instead to microsoft or amazon, who go after big dod awards (e.g. JEDI).

apple on the other hand are high margin design-first consumer hardware with a closed ecosystem of services. not sure if apple are running their own datacenters by now, i recall they were customers of one of the big 3 (amazon, google, microsoft) for some of their backend because they "needed it to work".

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
by circle of trust, i just mean they're already in the good ole boys club of govt money and trusted secrets. they have brand recognition within the sector, and (imo) when it comes to reviewing gov't bids, this goes quite a long way when going into a sole source provider or prime contractor.

i think a better example of similarities wouldn't be apple but instead to microsoft or amazon, who go after big dod awards (e.g. JEDI).

apple on the other hand are high margin design-first consumer hardware with a closed ecosystem of services. not sure if apple are running their own datacenters by now, i recall they were customers of one of the big 3 (amazon, google, microsoft) for some of their backend because they "needed it to work".
What I meant by another Apple is all I know is there ain’t nothing out there that has the same limitless growth potential imo,

Last edited:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
speaking of Apple...i have Apple stock and Disney, so this idea would probably be good for my positions. otherwise, it's a terrible idea for a bunch of other reasons that most people won't care about.

"AAPL needs to buy DIS to drive adoption of Vision Pro," she wrote in a note published on Tuesday. "The fact that DIS CEO Bob Iger was on stage touting AAPL's Vision Pro goggles demonstrates the compelling strategic fit between DIS's content and AAPL's wearable technology."