Maui newcomer beatdown video

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
If it was foreclosed upon it no longer belongs to anyone's Ohana. It belongs to the bank who then sells it.
Oh thats funny. Im sure your right. I bet the bank agrees with you too. Unfortunately the villsgers dont see it that way.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
There's no excuse for that behavior anywhere in the world. I am 100% sure those MFs do not represent the hawaiian people because they are fucking animals.
Im sure your right too. Everybody knows Dont mess with Kahakuloa or Honokahau. Tread lightly.

Reactions: bruhdakine

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had great interactions with Hawaiians.

I only note this because I expected to be confronted with some shovel to the head action.

When I was watching I was thinking about a martial arts teacher saying, they can't hit you if you are out of striking range.

Reactions: One-Off

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Im sure your right too. Everybody knows Dont mess with Kahakuloa or Honokahau. Tread lightly.

Maybe that's more obvious to people in the island. I never been, I had no idea... don't even know what that is. What I know is that Hawaii is getting lower and lower on my bucket list. Still there, but I have the tendency of preferring to go to places with less chances of getting my head bashed in by locals. If I ever go to Hawaii I'll be threading very carefully... like when I visit Rio.

Reactions: PRCD and Pico

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
All the news I read about it years ago (and looking at the charges brought) the whole story is that the haole bought a foreclosure and the neighbors didn’t want any whites there. Nothing else was mentioned.

It’s pretty damn hard to get a hate crime charge when the victims are white. This case was pretty cut and dry.

Those dudes were pieces of sh!t, plain and simple. There’s a lot just like them on those islands.
It's not something that's unique to Hawaii. There's plenty of neighborhoods in the US where you would get the same treatment. When you tech people for generations that they are poor because of one specific group of people this is the result. We see it all over the world.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Avoid the compression of distance and time.
When I lived near V land in the 90's I was pretty close with a neighbor a few houses down. We would help each other work on cars bbq etc. He invited me over for a bbq just like a dozen times before but this time it was a lot of his extended family. It was around 9Pm when I started hearing the "watchu doin here" so I bounced. He came over the next day and apologized for his family and I saw all of them again with out any issue completely friendly. I think most people recognize the situation and avoid being caught up in someones bad day or having one too many......it's kind of part of life if you're a traveler. ...but to buy a house where they did...they were either devoutly stupid or had the Karen attitude that usually goes unpunished in the US.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The sensible surfer knows the dark side of Hawaii.

I always proceeded with caution.

But if you are in the mid west, you might not even think about it.

The key to detecting danger is listening to vocal tone and watching facial expressions.

I find it interesting that the way you get good at detecting danger is play fighting.

Reactions: Havoc

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
All the news I read about it years ago (and looking at the charges brought) the whole story is that the haole bought a foreclosure and the neighbors didn’t want any whites there. Nothing else was mentioned.

It’s pretty damn hard to get a hate crime charge when the victims are white. This case was pretty cut and dry.

Those dudes were pieces of sh!t, plain and simple. There’s a lot just like them on those islands.
Thats what I had read at the time and I am in no doubt denying that wasn’t a major factor.

the access blocking was an interesting piece that if true only puts salt on the wound.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
You block access to the ocean to a Local?... fighting words Zuckerberg...you do it in an isolated valley of locals ...you in deep caca.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Now imagine if the buyers were black in “white” neighborhood and got beaten to a pulp because they‘re black. Would you say the same thing?
Let's play this analogy out.

White person buys home in a Hawaiian slum known for anti-haole sentiments. White person says this is stupid.
Black person buys home in a honky trailer park known for having klansmen. Black person says this is stupid.

Does that seem like an unrealistic reaction?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
It wouldn't happen in a white neighborhood.
The local racist chimes in....

Relatives of a black man gunned down while jogging in southeast Georgia by white men who chased him believing he was a burglar said Thursday they're discouraged by the lack of charges in the case.

Ahmaud Arbery's relatives say the 25-year-old was a victim of "racial violence."
Arbery was killed in Brunswick, a coastal city about midway between Savannah and Jacksonville, Fla., on Feb. 23 as he was running through the quiet neighborhood of Satilla Shores.

The two men who chased down Arbery, identified by police as Brunswick resident Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son Travis McMichael, 34, have not been charged and the investigation is ongoing.

"I'm feeling very discouraged at this point," the victim's mother Wanda Cooper told reporters. "The tragedy happened back in February ... and there still has not been an arrest."

The case has been referred to District Attorney Thomas Durden, based in Hinesville 70 miles away due to concerns over a potential conflict of interest. Gregory McMichael is a retired investigator for the local prosecutor, in Brunswick.
The case was briefly in the hands of DA George Barnhill, based in Waycross, but he recused himself because his son works for prosecutors in Brunswick.

But in a memo from Barnhill to police, the DA said he believes Gregory and Travis McMichael should not be indicted. He said the father and son had "probable cause" to believe the victim might be a burglar and were within their rights to arm themselves and chase him down.

The prosecutor said video footage of the shooting, made by a neighbor, shows Arbery to be the aggressor.

"Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law, McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself," according to the memo, reported in the New York Times.

Now VonMeister says" Gee I really am a racist! Hmmm. I dont care"!