Maui newcomer beatdown video

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I bet there was more to the story.
There was.

The comments about "blocking access" and "fences" are totally unverified and the only place I've read about it was YouTube.

I looked into it via news articles - apparently the community is gated and it sounds like they kept fvcking with him by changing the lock, thus locking him in or out. Guy got fed up and started just cutting the lock off when it would happen.

Why he moved there - apparently his wife has MS and they were looking for a more hospitable climate. Now they live in Puerto Rico.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Kihei Maui. Kailua is a pipe dream.

Where that happened was a kind of remote area NE Side. Not a place you’re going to feel at home if you aren’t from there or have family in the area.
Waikikihell

Last edited:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
The victim would have left in one piece.

Instead he was hit over the head with a shovel and beaten.

Bonus it would've sent a message to any other local asswipes.

He's lucky he's alive and his pulverized dead body wasn't thrown off a cliff "gone missin".

My guess is the culprits have a history of physical violence and general assholishness.
The message sent would have likely been the bigger badder locals knocking on their door with more firepower. At least that’s the vibe I get from that zone.

I don’t think there’s a winning scenario except my white privilege helicopter with German Shepard gunner waiting in the driveway after their heads were blown off.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The message sent would have likely been the bigger badder locals knocking on their door with more firepower. At least that’s the vibe I get from that zone.
I haven't lived there so I can't say.

Have you been there in any capacity other than a few week tourist?

Usually in these sorts of situations blowing someone away with a shotgun when they attempt to harm you in your home doesn't entice more people to come over to your house to try to harm you.

It's more like a KEEP OUT sign.

I'm curious if the culprits were broadly loved by the community - I just read one of them beat the sh!t out of someone else while they were on probation - so I'm guessing the answer is no.

And I'm guessing nobody local would have been surprised if these guys ended up dead in an altercation.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
One perp got 6 years, the other got 4. Yeah the haole was an idiot but those two dickheads got what they deserve.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I haven't lived there so I can't say.

Have you been there in any capacity other than a few week tourist?

Usually in these sorts of situations blowing someone away with a shotgun when they attempt to harm you in your home doesn't entice more people to come over to your house to try to harm you.

It's more like a KEEP OUT sign.

I'm curious if the culprits were broadly loved by the community - I just read one of them beat the sh!t out of someone else while they were on probation - so I'm guessing the answer is no.

And I'm guessing nobody local would have been surprised if these guys ended up dead in an altercation.
When I was younger I went to maui but never had an urge to return to HI mostly based on avoiding crowds. Probably gave wrong impression with original post that I’ve been to the location.

When the story first came out I went down a rabbit hole. I’m posting based on what I found in that research and if the locals are willing to smash you in the face with a shovel day one of moving in it’s only going to escalate more.

I do not think things would have ended well for the new homeowners had they escalated the situation.

the situation bummed me out big time when it first came out.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
It was a leap, but I checked your previous messages, you have shown no empathy for the people who were assaulted. And that's ok, just caught my attention.
I appreciate your candor and willingness to accept my lack of empathy equanimously.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
White people move from the mainland to Hawaii all the time. They get beaten by their neighbors and a very low rate. It doesn't quite work to extrapolate from this event.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Aint got time to mess around. No inches or fcuks given. Keep the haole out and under control. Its a Hawaiian village. Local haoles know this. Locals know this. If you ain't Ohana ....Kapu! Work together.

Ive been in nightmarish traffic jams out there where gridlock stopped every thing for a couple miles each way into Kahakuloa Valley. I felt as if I could have been there for a day. I had my baby and no real supplies. No cell service. The villagers all came out and either within earshot or hand signals got traffic moving through a series of primitive relays. I loved it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Fckin punks no doubt. I will say though blocking areas that is historically used by locals isn’t exactly getting off to the right start.

wasn’t the house purchased site unseen for a very low amount?
That’s not what happened.

Haole bought a foreclosure. Neighbors didn’t want a haole living there. That’s it. There’s no more to it.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
you are able to verify the other information is false?
All the news I read about it years ago (and looking at the charges brought) the whole story is that the haole bought a foreclosure and the neighbors didn’t want any whites there. Nothing else was mentioned.

It’s pretty damn hard to get a hate crime charge when the victims are white. This case was pretty cut and dry.

Those dudes were pieces of sh!t, plain and simple. There’s a lot just like them on those islands.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
That’s not what happened.

Haole bought a foreclosure. Neighbors didn’t want a haole living there. That’s it. There’s no more to it.
Do you think that foreclosure was cheap and maybe belonged to someones Ohana? If you dont know the conditions, dont go out. Everythings not pen and paper.