So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Imagine the location is deleted.
It looks fun for what it is, but nowhere near as scary nor nearly as good as countless spots around the world, a few of which even a New Yorker like me has surfed reasonably well, at that size (Kauai, Fiji)

not really flexing, just that it looks like a big, fun, slopey good time, but “relatively” pedestrian for a spot handling the energy

and from what everyone says about the locals, subway might have to choke a bitch if I want to get set waves

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
It looks fun for what it is, but at that size, nowhere near as scary not nearly as good as countless spots around the world, a few of which even a New Yorker like me has surfed reasonably well, at that size (Kauai, Fiji)

not really flexing, just that it looks like a big, fun, slopey good time, but “relatively” pedestrian for a spot handling that size.

and from what everyone says about the locals, subway might have to choke a bitch if I want to get set waves
I'd like to see @steamroller foiling it. Imagine one of those guys paddling in on the shoulder only to be decapitated by steamroller coming from the opposite side of the peak.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
He’s the guy who brings his kid towards the top of the peak and pushes him in front of people.

I’ve watched him do this at plenty of spots.

He named his son King.

I could go further, but that really says it all.

Never been a victim of his drop in prowess but seen it plenty.
I was out one day when his kid ran over a beginner and he was telling the kid, "You did nothing wrong."

I asked my friend who saw the whole incident and he said the beginner was just paddling out, the kid had tons of room to manuever around him and plowed right over him. I guess you could argue that it is the paddler's responsability to get out of the way, but my friend said it was really fukt up what the kid did. It was at a uncrowded spot where he is not a local of any sort.

Don't know what injuries the beginner got , but he got out of the water immediately.

ps Yadin was ripping. You could sense that he was on another level, just going faster and turning much harder thananyone else in the line up.

That was a werid day, because I also had to dodge the kiddie crew members a couple of times (Yadin's kid had like 3 other friends with him) and I saw two of them collide into each other. It was like they had no sense of personal space.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If the kids are a problem it’s dad’s fault. Sounds like someone needs to get in dad’s face.
Trust me, it’s happened.

But when there are enough guys sucking your dick because you rip, or they’re hoping to make a buck off you or your kid, and you have a big ego you feel invincible.

Guys like him never seem to learn anyway even when they get sounded…take the part about him being an ex pro ripper out of the equation and he’s just your average kook who’s a nuisance at every beach where he paddles out.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Trust me, it’s happened.

But when there are enough guys sucking your dick because you rip, or they’re hoping to make a buck off you or your kid, and you have a big ego you feel invincible.

Guys like him never seem to learn anyway even when they get sounded…take the part about him being an ex pro ripper out of the equation and he’s just your average kook who’s a nuisance at every beach where he paddles out.
theres a thousand of htem where i live. very few stoked....most just sh!tty little human beings growing into shatty adults.

remember a few years back (in another area) some little dipshat ripper literally sat on me and dropped on me on teh first wave he coudl. politely directed him to go get his dad as fast as he could.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13