So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Taking off at Todos on the day in question would take balls. Surfing Blacks as shown above would take balls
Blacks looks heavy AF but not really comprable risk to Todos. That Brad Jacobsen video showed some of the worst wipeouts by guys who had no business surfing that day and i don’t think anyone got rescued. Surfing an offshore island in Mex at that size is another level.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
A lot of us surf big beach break on the regular but would not fuck with XXL reefs. Reality is, surfing big BB is probably more dangerous when you consider most don't wear floatation, are surfing without lifeguards or water safety, and the shifty nature of beach breaks. Still true big wave surfing is a whole other level of commitment in terms of time, training and overcoming fear.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
EMERGENCY ALERT
EVACUATION ORDER
All of Montecito, Toro Canyon/Sycamore Canyon/Padaro Ln.
LEAVE NOW

Above just hit my phone.

Around 11 it was "Shelter in place."

Now it's "Leave Now."

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

Iceman

Phil Edwards status
Apr 1, 2002
NorCenCal
Well Thursday was pretty wild around Santa Cruz. Saw waves breaking in absurd locations.

Craziest situation was responding to a structure fire on a beachfront house in Rio Del Mar. I stepped out of the engine and was in knee deep water. Waves were breaking across the road and knocking over people, ,washing over equipment, and a huge piling from the recently collapsed Seacliff pier floated down the street. Almost got the rig stuck in the massive amount of sand that settled on the road.

Lots of damage to roads and State Park infrastructure. Probably going to be a long time before certain parks are open again.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Raining non stop since I woke up at 5.

Santa Rosa Creek might overflow this week. Tons of sand and logs moving around. :drowning:

Reactions: bluengreen