Today's New York Post Cover

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Go somewhere out into nature today. Take a good look around you. Contemplate a while. Come back and give us your best explanation for what you see and how it all came to be.
Something something something came from nothing. Science! Duh!
It was just dark nothingness abyss and suddenly boom kapow here we are…

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I can't do the exercise for you. Not going to tell you what to believe or what not to believe. Its something you can only do for yourself. Perhaps your conclusion would be totally different than mine.
The fact that you're religious makes me dislike religion even more, 'cause you're a full on asshole.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The fact that you're religious makes me dislike religion even more, 'cause you're a full on asshole.
I'll be real for a second:

religion, spirituality, and religious people aren't the problem. stupid people are the problem.

i learned evolutionary theory and about the Big Bang theory at catholic school from nuns who taught my science classes and I'm eternally grateful to them.

They very eloquently and elegantly differentiated between science and theology explaining that the two really don't overlap, can't disprove one another, and are really asking and attempting to answer completely different questions.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I have learned to like religious people more simply because they’re in opposition to people like you

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

religion, spirituality, and religious people aren't the problem. stupid people are the problem.

i learned evolutionary theory and about the Big Bang theory at catholic school from nuns who taught my science classes and I'm eternally grateful to them.

They very eloquently and elegantly differentiated between science and theology explaining that the two really don't overlap, can't disprove one another, and are really asking and attempting to answer completely different questions.
The best teacher I ever had was an ex-Jesuit who decided to get married instead

His class was titled “Religion” but it was a combination of religious history, philosophy, and exactly what you’re describing from the nuns

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Was that before or after your fake Judaism time period? Sorry, just never know when you're lying about religion for effect. One day you claim on-line that you're Jewish for effect. Another you claim to be Catholic.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The best teacher I ever had was an ex-Jesuit who decided to get married instead

His class was titled “Religion” but it was a combination of religious history, philosophy, and exactly what you’re describing from the nuns

yeah, we had religion class too and the nuns let us debate about theology, the soul, whether or not stuff in the bible was to be taken literally or not. they usually winked and said.....don't take this stuff literally....it's all allegory and stories "borrowed from other cultures anyway.