Vaccine Passports. Constitutional or Not?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting sick or transmitting it, then it really serves no purpose for stopping the spread of the virus. All it does is make someone less likely to be hospitalized. It’s a farce and bill of foods that the public was sold.

You take a risk every day that you step outside your front door. If you are that worried, stay the fook home and let the rest of us get on with our lives. We have asks and delivery services for people like you.

says the guy who said that aging is the cause of obesity :roflmao:

and that there are foods that exist that cause weight gain in a caloric deficit :roflmao: If there are, please tell the UN because those foods could be quite useful for solving hunger crises around the world :beer:
Not everything is about you, narc.
You don't "leave it to the individual" to decide whether to stop at the traffic light or not. :poke:
Harming other people is not your choice. Are you stupid or something?

One more time, sloooowly, just for you.

The UNVAXXED are the ones who are dying and ending up in hospital.

It's irrelevant if vaxxed can contract or transmit the virus because they are not the ones getting sick.

Such a stupidly simple concept and yet you're struggling with "feeling shortchanged" :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not everything is about you, narc.
You don't "leave it to the individual" to decide whether to stop at the traffic light or not.
In your analogy, I’ve already stopped at the stop light by getting a vaccine. I’ve done my part and everything in my power to prevent the spread :poke: Its up to the unvaccinated to also stop at the traffic light, which is primarily for their own good at this point.

Why so bad at comparisons?

Harming other people is not your choice. Are you stupid or something?
How is me entering a business choosing to harm someone?

Or are you talking about the business owner who is choosing whether to allow unvaxxed to enter their place of business? Why is it their responsibility to police the unvaxxed who are making a conscious choice to put themselves at risk?

One more time, sloooowly, just for you.

The UNVAXXED are the ones who are dying and ending up in hospital.

It's irrelevant if vaxxed can contract or transmit the virus because they are not the ones getting sick.
Those who are already vaccinated are not choosing to harm anyone, they are simply going about their daily lives. If an unvaccinated person wants to enter a restaurant or grocery store, that is their choice, so I’m not sure how vaccinated people with “passports” are even relevant to the discussion :unsure:

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
If the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting sick or transmitting it, then it really serves no purpose for stopping the spread of the virus. All it does is make someone less likely to be hospitalized.
It looks like it does, indeed, prevent one from getting sick, or at least seriously sick. And yes, I think the whole point is stop/limit hospitalizations and deaths.

If vaccinations can result in Covid only being a slight cough and sniffles, we're done. That's it. That's the goal.

Reactions: afoaf

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It looks like it does, indeed, prevent one from getting sick, or at least seriously sick. And yes, I think the whole point is stop/limit hospitalizations and deaths.

If vaccinations can result in Covid only being a slight cough and sniffles, we're done. That's it. That's the goal.
It does prevent illness the majority of the time, and even in cases when you do catch corona, it prevents serious illness. Those data are widely available.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

My mistake, what I meant was infection. If the vaccine does not significantly reduce the risk of infection, is it even a vaccine :unsure:

I can certainly see value in reducing hospitalization, especially for those with higher risk factors and more exposure. However that is still a far cry from preventing transmission.

• Sad
Reactions: afoaf

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Even if transmission isn't reduced at all, and everyone in the world gets it, but they're all vaccinated...

then everyone gets the sniffles, hospitals stay functional, and we are all done with this.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Ifallalot said:
We destroyed the economy
I recall dire predictions of the next Great Depression at the beginning of the pandemic. Last time I checked the economy was roaring. Help wanted signs everywhere, businesses can't meet demand, unemployment plummeting, etc. Must've been some kind of destruction!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I recall dire predictions of the next Great Depression at the beginning of the pandemic. Last time I checked the economy was roaring. Help wanted signs everywhere, businesses can't meet demand, unemployment plummeting, etc. Must've been some kind of destruction!

the economy seems pretty good

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I ageee that the economy seems to be doing well but it seems to be artificially fueled from perverse incentives. How much of the economic gains is from printed money being circulated? Or from people who are collecting government money while sitting at home and not paying their rent because they don’t have to?

Stuff like that can comeback to bite us pretty hard :drowning:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I ageee that the economy seems to be doing well but it seems to be artificially fueled from perverse incentives. How much of the economic gains is from printed money being circulated? Or from people who are collecting government money while sitting at home and not paying their rent because they don’t have to?

Stuff like that can comeback to bite us pretty hard :drowning:
So you agree past-tense "destroyed the economy" was unleaded full potato?

Deficit was $1T in 2019. The economy hasn't run on artificial fuel for like 3-4 years of our lives in the late 90s.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Even if transmission isn't reduced at all, and everyone in the world gets it, but they're all vaccinated...

then everyone gets the sniffles, hospitals stay functional, and we are all done with this.
so shortchanged!

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021

How can you be so sure we are all done at that point?

At face vaule, The experts we are suppose to trust, have flip flopped and been wrong with virtually every decision they have made. The labeled it a new virus and said this was different than every other virus in history, right? Isnt that why the experts that are in charge of this seem to be playing catch up with their decision making, They had so much to learn about right?

Well how are people suppose to trust that after we take an expieremental medicine, that's not approved by the FDA, that you can never get back out of your body, that doesn't stop transmission, that it will all be over?

Isnt it possible this virus thats different than every other virus ever encountered could possibly mutant among people who got the shot if its transmissable? It seems like if you can still pass it, even if all parties have the shot, that seems like its entirely possible.

To me it seems like this will never end, regardless of "vaccination" rates. Most likely, annual or bi annual boosters will be required for all who take the shot, and there will always be another variant as long as transmission is possible.