PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Less than 1000 deaths in NSW. Doing better than a lot of CA cities, but sounds like some people not too happy with the lock down measures. Conspiracy theorists lining up against a over protective public health system.
Hard to argue that the OZ/NZ approach hasn’t been effective so far. Hoping to get back to NZ, but that’s not going to happen soon the way things are going.
In a sense now we are victims of our own success.

Covid was essentially eliminated from Australia/NZ which means the population is conditioned to demand that.

Less than 200 cases a day, which in global terms is fukall. We are talking a single city, no cases anywhere else in the entire co9untry.

But the city involved, Sydney, does not want to lockdown and restrict movement and free association, so it's likely it'll keep bubbling along for weeks/months.

Don't get too het up about the army.
They play a much more civilian role here than in other parts of the world.

Reactions: sdsrfr

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
September last year.

Think she was released with a slap on the wrist.

But yeah, we are pretty over-governed.

I'll take socialized medicine over more freedums though.

It's epic rocking up to the Doc or hospital, getting fixed up and walking out without spending a dime.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
September last year.

It's epic rocking up to the Doc or hospital, getting fixed up and walking out without spending a dime.
I could dig that too. No doubt we have our own issues, but I’m glad that I can say what I want without worry of arrest. I’m willing to sacrifice a lot of amenities for that.

• Haha
Reactions: enframed

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia

Apparently you are not allowed to criticize the lockdown in Australia . . . . and I thought the US was king of big brothering :drowning:
I remember that. It was during the height of the great 112 day Melbourne lockdown. Police were/are monitoring facebook. The most famous one was Eve Black breaching the "Ring of Steel" in regional town Bunyip as a facebook stunt. She was later arrested on some other incident

Its happening in Sydney right now. Premier has encouraged anyone who recognises the anti lockdown protesters to dob them in to the police. Some of the house parties busted during the lockdowns were a result of snitching. Australia has a dob in web portal and hotline to make it easy called "Crime Stoppers"

The majority of the Sydney/Melbourne population hate these protestors because they are worried the protests will be superspreader events that prolong lockdowns.

Reactions: grapedrink

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
Yeah it’s pretty tense here in Sydney
It is very significant what is happening in Sydney right now. Affects all of Australia. Not just the direct effects on the "border towns" of neighbouring states, also causing some policy and attitude shifts amongst the people and our leaders.

Reactions: Hazrus

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It is very significant what is happening in Sydney right now. Affects all of Australia. Not just the direct effects on the "border towns" of neighbouring states, also causing some policy and attitude shifts amongst the people and our leaders.
Since the virus is still transmitted even if vaccinated any word on what the long term plans are?

Reactions: Aardwolf

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

don't matter where in the US it will happen near or far :shameonyou:
muh gunz muh privilege (y)

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution.

There is a three times greater chance of dying from a sharp object than from a mass shooting."

Keep being scared though.:monkey:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution.

There is a three times greater chance of dying from a sharp object than from a mass shooting."

Keep being scared though.:monkey:
327 Mass shootings YTD
360 killed
1343 injured, maimed, wounded.

Still 5 months remaining this year, enjoy your privilege Muricans
mass shootings will take more lives than the Wuhan Flu in 2021

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
September last year.

They got Americans so brainwashed to think this is not possible or is simply a bad thing.

Americans hate the idea of poor people getting free stuff.

If you understand that you understand America.

Reactions: sdsrfr and enframed