I watched the Ma'Khia shooting

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This is unfortunate but not the hill for BLM to die on.

I’ll stop short of calling the cop a hero because that implies that lethal force was the only solution. And I don’t think we should ever celebrate the death a 15yr old. But from what I’ve seen of the video there isn’t much to protest.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
This is unfortunate but not the hill for BLM to die on.

I’ll stop short of calling the cop a hero because that implies that lethal force was the only solution. And I don’t think we should ever celebrate the death a 15yr old. But from what I’ve seen of the video there isn’t much to protest.
Agree, but try to think of it from a black persons point of view, their kin have been abused for generations by police.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
it’s amazing how Rittenhouse was arrested, without incident, while carrying a semiautomatic rifle.
I don't know how you stop someone from stabbing someone right at the moment of slashing without a gun.

I don't think the two events are comparable.

The girl was in the act of stabbing.

A comparable event would be Rittenhouse didn't get shot while he was in the act of shooting people.

Reactions: mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I don't know how you stop someone from stabbing someone right at the moment of slashing without a gun.

I don't think the two events are comparable.

The girl was in the act of stabbing.

A comparable event would be Rittenhouse didn't get shot while he was in the act of shooting people.
yes, I obviously understand the difference, I was being hyperbolic. but one would be intellectually dishonest to ignore the various other examples of heavily armed assailants being arrested instead of shot on the spot.

and we still need to develop more non-lethal weapons that also have stopping power.

this girl needed mental help not bullets.

• Haha
Reactions: redrider

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
yes, I obviously understand the difference, I was being hyperbolic. but one would be intellectually dishonest to ignore the various other examples of heavily armed assailants being arrested instead of shot on the spot.

and we still need to develop more non-lethal weapons that also have stopping power.

Not at that point.

It's pretty hard to fix what that girl has.

Unarmed white people get shot too.

It's not a black problem.

It's an excessive use of force problem.

That problem has lots of variables.

I see too much emotion.

That won't mitigate the problem.

It will make it worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Not at that point.

It's pretty hard to fix what that girl has.

Unarmed white people get shot too.

It's not a black problem.

I see too much emotion.

It will make it worse.
Warrior cop training and a country awash in gunz are the main culprits IMHO

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Warrior cop training and a country awash in gunz are the main culprits IMHO
I think the cops have a lack of training.

They should be be rolling at the BJJ gym and at the shooting range twice a week.

But whitey don't want to pay for that.

#idon't

I really wish there are a BJJ gym where I could beat up on old weak people.

I wouldn't mind beating up young women if they were sufficiently untrained. :dancing:

Reactions: hal9000

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

I see too much emotion.

It will make it worse.
Knife girl was about to use excessive force on the girl in pink. Had the cop hesitated for 0.5 seconds the pink one may have ended up dead, the knife girl would have probably been shot anyway, and the cop would be in trouble for not stopping the stabbing.

Reactions: mundus

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Knife girl was about to use excessive force on the girl in pink. Had the cop hesitated for 0.5 seconds the pink one may have ended up dead, the knife girl would have probably been shot anyway, and the cop would be in trouble for not stopping the stabbing.
Exactly, cops are F'd either way.

Might as well go out in a blaze of glory.

I don't think the cop used excessive force in that instance.

It's okay to shoot black people right before they are about stab other black people.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Exactly, cops are F'd either way.

Might as well go out in a blaze of glory.

I don't think the cop used excessive force in that instance.

It's okay to shoot black people right before they are about stab other black people.

I agree in this instance. Other than the fact that a kid had to be shot down, I don’t even understand why anyone is making this an issue.

Reactions: redrider

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Lots of mentally ill people need help instead of bullets; however, when another life is in mortal danger there is no longer time to get help

You're better at biology than me, doesn't more stopping power automatically increase the possibility of lethality?