Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
i liked my 10' single CC eagle glider a lot lot lot lot lot

my next one will prob be 11-12 with trailer options

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Yeah-my gut was going small was against the point of it all. I may do a 8’6” or 9ft cbucket or huntsman for my starter drug

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Think this would work as a glider? If i stripped, patched, and reglassed it? Its an 11' rescue board, so I would expect to have to shape some of the thickness out of it... Or totally not worth the work?
1609354190092.png1609354201668.png

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Think this would work as a glider? If i stripped, patched, and reglassed it? Its an 11' rescue board, so I would expect to have to shape some of the thickness out of it... Or totally not worth the work?
View attachment 102953View attachment 102954
If you enjoy this kind of stuff go for it, if not it is alot of work and almost never comes out good. I use a 10 ft softop as a glider and paddle workouts works ok and cheap!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Mini sd reefs
Yes, I have 8' Mitsven mini glider for those reefs from OB to LJ. Only ride it under waist-high and it works better than I hoped, while still being practical for me to store and transport. At that mini length, impressively maneuverable turning from the tail too. It gets me in the water on almost flat days, or when I'm lazy and don't want to hassle in a crowd. Sure, 11' is a whole different deal, but this design can definitely be scaled down and maintain a lot of the glide.

Reactions: urchined

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
When I went to Mabile to get a Glider I was set on a 11 footer only because thats what I saw and read about on the Internets. After chatting with Larry it was clear that she is alot of board. Luckily he had one there I felt up and it was a hell of a monster. So I went 10oh and its a cruiser for sure and a 8' or 9' footer would be fun as well with a bit more manueverability

Attachments

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
That mabile looks insane. A guy at my local reef sits outside and kills it on one. he is basically retired now, right? In mex?

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
That mabile looks insane. A guy at my local reef sits outside and kills it on one. he is basically retired now, right? In mex?
Had some lengthy rides going left/right/left on the same wave at Old Mans and some loooooong point waves at my zone in Baja and San Juanico. Solid cruiser and turns off the tail real well. Catches Boat Wakes LOL

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
hey grg - what was the reasoning behind going twin instead of single?
At that point I never rode a Glider at all so really didnt know the ride diff. from either one. I mean how can you cannot choose Wood Glass In fins with a Big Swallow!? So, for my first Glider its just what I wanted to get for my first one. Plus I have a 9'8" or 9'10" GH Single I enjoy.
1609432029946.jpeg

Reactions: urchined

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I really, really hate picking the damn things up, climbing up on the step ladder to reach the racks on my truck, lashing it down, stowing the ladder, driving it to the beach, deploying/stowing the step ladder to reverse the process and then putting the thing under my arm and carrying it down the beach. Don't carry the mother fvckers down the beach. Launch them in front of the car and paddle wherever you need to go.

I'm installing cleats on mine. I have dock space.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I really, really hate picking the damn things up, climbing up on the step ladder to reach the racks on my truck, lashing it down, stowing the ladder, driving it to the beach, deploying/stowing the step ladder to reverse the process and then putting the thing under my arm and carrying it down the beach. Don't carry the mother fvckers down the beach. Launch them in front of the car and paddle wherever you need to go.

Thats the great thing about surf out front
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 8.42.44 AM.png

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

two words duuu: pope bisect

Reactions: MathDebater

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
At that point I never rode a Glider at all so really didnt know the ride diff. from either one. I mean how can you cannot choose Wood Glass In fins with a Big Swallow!? So, for my first Glider its just what I wanted to get for my first one. Plus I have a 9'8" or 9'10" GH Single I enjoy.
View attachment 103000

So what's the started advice? classic single or ur mabile? size?