It's a good thing iFall ran off to Az

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'll drive by trestles in the afternoon and it's glassy and when I get to Oceanside it's blown out.

Last Thursday in Oceanside was the glassiest after noon I have seen it in long time with small fun swell.

I watched from my window as I Zoomed. :cry:

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I'll drive by trestles in the afternoon and it's glassy and when I get to Oceanside it's blown out.
Camp Pendelton creates a special micro climate for us, thanks to the lack of development.
It's always different south of CP.

The wind patterns are very different between the Harbor and Terra Mar too.

Surfdog out!

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Last Thursday in Oceanside was the glassiest after noon I have seen it in long time with small fun swell.

I watched from my window as I Zoomed. :cry:
NW wind is offshore at Dahony! Peta too.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
It's an unprotected, flat, straight stretch of beach from Long Beach to Newport.

And that NW wind likes to funnel thru Torrence.

Long Beach is one of the few places windy enough on a regular basis for kite/windsurfing in SC.

Not windy by Florida standards tho.
Just enough to fück up the surf.
OK . Got to correct you here. Not Long Beach but San Pedro (Hurricane Gulch) is the windy spot and it's "the Hill " (Palos Verdes... of Lunada Bay fame) that funnels the wind. That wind funnel is extremely localized. Move out into LA Harbor and it's gone. I did a fair bit of Hobie Cat sailing in that corner of the world.

All of So Cal beaches are in the same general situation as Huntington. All of the LA basin beaches, North and South Bay are blown out after 10 AM. Torrance might be slightly protected on a south wind, but if it's south wind it's south swell and there are no waves there anyway (ask me how I know). Huntington is not in a unique micro climate.

And, no matter how bad the surf is in HB, it's better than Big Surf Arizona.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
OK . Got to correct you here. Not Long Beach but San Pedro (Hurricane Gulch) is the windy spot and it's "the Hill " (Palos Verdes... of Lunada Bay fame) that funnels the wind. That wind funnel is extremely localized. Move out into LA Harbor and it's gone. I did a fair bit of Hobie Cat sailing in that corner of the world.

All of So Cal beaches are in the same general situation as Huntington. All of the LA basin beaches, North and South Bay are blown out after 10 AM. Torrance might be slightly protected on a south wind, but if it's south wind it's south swell and there are no waves there anyway (ask me how I know). Huntington is not in a unique micro climate.

I stand corrected. I have not much personal experience, certainly wasn't sailing there, just looking at the geography.

But long, straight, flat stretches of beach like that will always be windier.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

There's no reason to pay 3x as much for a house to be near an ocean if that ocean is unsurfable. At that point, the surf is worse than Rick Kane land

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That’s the 10 minutos between the end of the morning glass off and the beginning of the junk. I have a couple of Bodega Bay hookups for you...
Yes, it was offshore 3-5mph this morning and then 30 mph onshore this afternoon. In a masochistic way, though, the latter still looked kinda fun.

Have a feeling it's going to be really good the back end of Thanksgiving weekend up here. Maybe 1-2' where I moved from. I don't even know if I'll bother bringing a board down when I visit family. :roflmao:

I do need something in the 7'2" - 7'6" range for up here and soon though.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Be a shame if one of the iFalls needs an ICU bed anytime soon.

But at least he’s fRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
BELIEVE THE BLUE CHECKS

ps- no one knows if those ICU beds are filled with COVID patients or normal ICU cases, and why don't you read the thread further- there are plenty of beds, just not enough staff. I guess those heroes still need vacation for Thanksgiving even though there's a "crisis!"

You're free to stay inside and quarantine, don't force your fears on others.

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
BELIEVE THE BLUE CHECKS

ps- no one knows if those ICU beds are filled with COVID patients or normal ICU cases, and why don't you read the thread further- there are plenty of beds, just not enough staff. I guess those heroes still need vacation for Thanksgiving even though there's a "crisis!"

Look at you go!

newfound epidemiologist always moving those goalposts.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
BELIEVE THE BLUE CHECKS

No one knows if they are covid related icu beds?
Or you don’t know
I’m certain that it is known
Why the insult for the healthcare workers?

You’ve become a very unlikable character. Maybe dial it back a little and walk the line that lets the rest of us think there’s something decent about you lurking in there still.
Otherwise you’re just another total asshole.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Heard an ICU medical director interviewed on NPR a couple of days ago. This dude had worked every day, had gone into the ICU every day for 242 consecutive days. He had a foreign accent, not a US born dude. Trying to save lives. In Houston

Reactions: $kully

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
No one knows if they are covid related icu beds?
Or you don’t know
I’m certain that it is known
Why the insult for the healthcare workers?

You’ve become a very unlikable character. Maybe dial it back a little and walk the line that lets the rest of us think there’s something decent about you lurking in there still.
Otherwise you’re just another total asshole.
It’s not like he started this thread about himself. The context of how these ratfuck threads develop is important. If other posters continue to take potshots at him, as has been done throughout this thread and others, they deserve whatever blowback ends up directed at them.

He may be physically located in Arizona but he is alive, well, and living rent free in heads all over the erBB. Why is that?