It's a good thing iFall ran off to Az

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Newsom can just do this by decree?

Um, ok.

i guess a future governor can just ban electric cars.

PS: How does newsom expect all these electric to get charged up? We don’t have enough power generation now.

Reactions: npsp

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
honestly I have no idea. We will see. But if it sends all the iFalls running like cockroaches when you turn on the lights I'm a-okay with that.

• Haha
Reactions: One-Off

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I expect they might plan on adding more chargers by 2035.. I dont know just a hunch.
How do you power the chargers. We don’t generate enough power for our current needs. When it gets hot (and according to Lord Newson it’s going to hotter (and dryer (and wetter!!!!))) we have blackouts.

How the fuck do you think electric cars are powered?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
How do you power the chargers. We don’t generate enough power for our current needs. When it gets hot (and according to Lord Newson it’s going to hotter (and dryer (and wetter!!!!))) we have blackouts.

How the fook do you think electric cars are powered?
Geothermal from all the hot air you spew?

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and mundus

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
dunno - im not a power expert but im all for electric cars.
Electric cars are cool. Unfortunately it isn’t possible to fulfill our transportation needs without petroleum powered vehicles. We can’t even get close with electric.

This isn’t a knock on electric cars this is just the reality of an electric car fleet. It just can’t rez up like people want it too.

Reactions: Havoc

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Electric cars are cool. Unfortunately it isn’t possible to fulfill our transportation needs without petroleum powered vehicles. We can’t even get close with electric.

This isn’t a knock on electric cars this is just the reality of an electric car fleet. It just can’t rez up like people want it too.
Same thing the buggy whip industry said when automobiles first started being used.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

I see your point but lets not try at all then?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Same thing the buggy whip industry said when automobiles first started being used.
Really? They said we don’t enough power plants to generate enough electricity to run the cars? They really said that?

No. They fought against the use of cars because they knew it would put them out of business.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
honestly I have no idea. We will see. But if it sends all the iFalls running like cockroaches when you turn on the lights I'm a-okay with that.
Maybe cold fusion will actually happen by then. Or not. 15 years is a bit of time to figure out new technology. Definitely agree about the grid not being able to support in current form. Find some form of self-generating power that doesn't completely defy laws of thermodynamics?

I can tell you the Chevy Volt was the worst POS car I've ever driven. That could have been because it was a Chevy, though. The Silverado was 2nd worst. I never drove a Nova although my dad's burned up on him on the freeway.

I wonder how many of these ideas are spread on grassroots level by people that have moved to CA in last 7 years. Deporting everyone who has been here less than 7 years (definitely goes for SoCal) might Make California Great Again.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Maybe cold fusion will actually happen by then. Or not. 15 years is a bit of time to figure out new technology. Definitely agree about the grid not being able to support in current form. Find some form of self-generating power that doesn't completely defy laws of thermodynamics?

I can tell you the Chevy Volt was the worst POS car I've ever driven. That could have been because it was a Chevy, though. The Silverado was 2nd worst.

I wonder how many of these ideas are spread on grassroots level by people that have moved to CA in last 7 years. Deporting everyone who has been here less than 7 years (definitely goes for SoCal) might Make California Great Again.
We need nuclear power. That’s the way this gets done.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
We need nuclear power. That’s the way this gets done.
Small-scale nuclear reactor on a Pinto frame. :jamon:

Between the skeet surfing, the Fate of Latrine, and cow disguises [tranny oppression], it is LONG past time for a Top Secret remake or sequel but with a fat Nick Rivers who drowns on the toilet like Elvis.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Small-scale nuclear reactor on a Pinto frame. :jamon:

Between the skeet surfing, the Fate of Latrine, and cow disguises [tranny oppression], it is LONG past time for a Top Secret remake or sequel but with a fat Nick Rivers who drowns on the toilet like Elvis.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Really? They said we don’t enough power plants to generate enough electricity to run the cars? They really said that?

No. They fought against the use of cars because they knew it would put them out of business.
Just like the petroleum industry is fighting alternatives.