*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Whoa. Guess you'll be ditching your trusty O'neills for a custom Yamamoto 3/2 next! LOL
Go for it. Totally worth it to have good coffee every day. Cost per cup is peanuts.

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
so are those chemex pourovers any good? hario looks like a pita. chemex prly too
Actually, I was surprised. I did a taste test the other day with 2 different pour overs with my son, one was the big chemex. The chemex was better than what I poured on the other melitta pour over I did. It's really good. But, it is kind of a pain, and the filters are a bit expensive. So 99% of the time, I do the melitta. ... and then there's my espresso machine.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
chemex make good coffee but are kind of an ordeal. i have the small pour over and then a big chemex for when I have my girl stay over. the chemex with it's smooth sides creates a suction against the filter so you have to lift the filter to get it flowing. i got a reusable filter for the chemex and it's even worse in that regard. basically feels like I have to stand there holding the filter which makes me think "they should invent a machine to do this". the smaller pour over doesn't have that problem.

i finally ordered a coffee maker last night. a moccamaster with glass carafe. then i realized it doesn't appear to have auto start. what the hell. for 300 bucks i just took that as a given.

this thing had better make the best cup of folgers I've ever had or i'll be bummed.