*** Official SBD Needs a new Drip Coffee Maker Thread ***

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
chemex make good coffee but are kind of an ordeal. i have the small pour over and then a big chemex for when I have my girl stay over. the chemex with it's smooth sides creates a suction against the filter so you have to lift the filter to get it flowing. i got a reusable filter for the chemex and it's even worse in that regard. basically feels like I have to stand there holding the filter which makes me think "they should invent a machine to do this". the smaller pour over doesn't have that problem.

i finally ordered a coffee maker last night. a moccamaster with glass carafe. then i realized it doesn't appear to have auto start. what the hell. for 300 bucks i just took that as a given.

this thing had better make the best cup of folgers I've ever had or i'll be bummed.
I’ve had the moccamaster for a few years. Gift from my dad. It’s All good. I just get the coffee and water ready the night before. Hit the button when I wake up. No bs technology in it. It’s just makes coffee at the perfect temp. At least that what’s they say.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’ve moved on from my 2 hot morning cups of OG Peruvian. Work out, sauna, relax, then Iced the remainder to gear up to pretend to give a sh!t about work for the next 5 hours or so. Have you bought a machine yet?

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
sbd wait til brack friday when there are all the deals.

i just orded a kalita pourover system (not the wave, the standard) to match my gucci monthly coffee subscription.

passed on the chemex since filters alone for a year of wknd coffee would cost me 2 new boars!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
sbd wait til brack friday when there are all the deals.

i just orded a kalita pourover system (not the wave, the standard) to match my gucci monthly coffee subscription.

passed on the chemex since filters alone for a year of wknd coffee would cost me 2 new boars!
100 filters are 8 bucks at Gucci Peet's....aren't you a math teacher?!

• Haha
Reactions: r32