What is school re-opening going to look like in your state?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
My school would be open 5 days a week. Those who don't wish to attend can opt on-line if they wish. Teachers who don't wish to teach in my school are free to go work at a grocery store.

Schools are open either 4 or 5 days a week. Some are doing 5 days with alternating A/B cohorts, some are doing 5 days a week with everyone, some are doing 4 days in person with Friday virtual learning.

How would you recommend, based on the available scientific information, creating a safe environment for students and their families? Your approach is just "send 'em back in".

What happens when a staff member gets sick? How do you replace him or her? What happens when a student gets sick? Do you send just that student home or the entire class? And do their siblings and parents now have to quarantine?

What happens if people start taking the virus home and giving it to grandparents?

In one school near me, ON DAY 1, a teacher had to quarantine due to being exposed to a person who just tested positive. Same with a student in the same school.

How do you deal with scenarios in which multiple teachers have to quarantine and the school is short a few staff members? Hiring subs (long and short-term) or replacements is virtually impossible right now.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Covid is over Hal. Your governor killed a bunch of old people in nursing homes as well as other elderly and ill. It ended in early June. There was no second wave when the beaches and boardwalks opened up. Your fear agenda is partisan political bullshit. Stop putting your politics ahead of kids.

Capture.jpg

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Notice how Fatso completely dodged all the realistic logistical questions. He's obviously never heard the term "you don't know what you don't know".

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
What a freaking joke returning to school is this year. First day today. I wonder if my high schooller is on his laptop right now watching the teacher. I seriously doubt he's even awake. There is absolutely no reason kids can't be in school.

20 students? You're living in your own private Idaho!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Covid is over Hal. Your governor killed a bunch of old people in nursing homes as well as other elderly and ill. It ended in early June. There was no second wave when the beaches and boardwalks opened up. Your fear agenda is partisan political bullshit. Stop putting your politics ahead of kids.

View attachment 97478
Hey, Fatso,

Winter is coming.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
At Gross Fat Stupid Dad's School for the Willfully Stupid they have class size reduction.

Only twenty willfully stupids.

Those gross fat dummy types are high needs! :roflmao:

They will just poop in class and say WHAT?

dude don't pick on them. Down in that part of the state all they have to drink is red cedar water.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

View attachment 97478

1. So, if we should have just kept everything open, that would have meant even more nursing home deaths. Do you even think about what you're writing before you post a reply?

2. You still dodged the questions about how the logistic of school should work. Probably because you're a dishonest person who lacks integrity.

3. Did Barron's school open yet?

Reactions: live4swell

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Why do you guys hate science? All you've got is fear and emotion. You've set up a bunch of impossible to obtain fear and risk avoidance parameters to prevent teachers and students from getting a flu bug that they have a very low or in the kids case zero risk of dying from. Its absurd and unreasonable.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Argument from ignorance and mischaracterization.

Accuses someone of hating science but then erroneously refers to a coronavirus, which has killed nearly 200,000 people, as a “flu bug”.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
So, GD, then why are quite a few if not most of the schools, colleges learning institutions all closing back down soon after opening to in-person learning? HUH? I suppose some of the private elementary/high schools are pulling it off with crazy increased protocols, but most are just getting covid positve clusters quickly, which, as we've seen, lead to some major health problems, or worse. As you sit on your own private joisy island......

• Haha
Reactions: hal9000