What is school re-opening going to look like in your state?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I was working from the backyard on zoom calls and my sons bong was not in view of the camera, but I could see it.
Kinda made me chuckle a few times
i got lots of compliments on my hedges.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Duffy, I thought you’re son was going to Ohio to school. Whatnot happened to that plan?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I logged onto my school Canvas account this morning to enter grades and started having an allergic reaction.

I got unusually drunk last night too.

Reactions: hal9000

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The in-school learning right now is a complete joke. Kids are going to class but wearing masks and then logging into their Chromebooks in the classroom just like they were at home. And recess play is completely limited. So the kids see each other but barely interact, if at all. None of the options are good but not unhappy about switching into pure on-line the week before. I think the in-class scenario will get BTFO and most will switch back to online before too long.

Be funny if the in-class option ends up being a rural schoolhouse scenario where you have 12 students in class from K-5.

Reactions: Leaverite

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My sister had a kid lie in his bed under the covers during class.

So my sister say, get up and participate.

He ignored her.

So that last five minutes of instruction she shut off his camera.

So the mother finds out and post stuff on his google classroom She was raging, writing that my sister has apologize to her son and she is a terrible teacher.

I know hear so many stories about bad zoom teaching incidents.

I guess teachers make an easy target to vent frustrations.

I just have one psycho zoom student.

He can blow up at any moment.

So good at baiting me.

He demands that I come up with strategies to make learning more engaging for him.

I'm like, Do your work?

Reactions: hal9000

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The in-school learning right now is a complete joke. Kids are going to class but wearing masks and then logging into their Chromebooks in the classroom just like they were at home. And recess play is completely limited. So the kids see each other but barely interact, if at all. None of the options are good but not unhappy about switching into pure on-line the week before. I think the in-class scenario will get BTFO and most will switch back to online before too long.

Be funny if the in-class option ends up being a rural schoolhouse scenario where you have 12 students in class from K-5.
Pacific Valley school down in Big Sur. K through 12th grade. They just got sattelite internets about 5 years ago. An organic garden on property and a kitchen to cook lunches. And it's a State of California school, not some private deal. It's still off the grid. Powered by a diesel generator and solar.

Public school the way public school should be. But it's a different world down there. No gangs, no special programs. A lot of these kids are not from rich families.

Reactions: live4swell

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
How many kids go to. that hippy school?

Class room sizes reduction is hated by the liberal admins and the conservatives.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Classroom reduction is waived. About 20/30. My good friend friend drives the the school bus twice a day. It's a special concept. If I was a California Certificated teacher, I would put my name in on their list. Even if you have to live out of a motorhome.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
How do we make these school closures permanent? It seems the closures will greatly inhibit the ability of the Pedophile Party to groom children.