What is school re-opening going to look like in your state?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
On-Line learning in Florida, ah yeah

__
Boca Raton Elementary teacher Edith Pride got colorful when describing the “in-formalities” of parents’ behavior when they appear in the background of their children’s virtual classes.

“Parents, please make sure that you have on proper clothing when you are walking behind your child’s computer because we’ve seen them in their drawers, their bras, and everything else,” Pride said during the board meeting.

Pride also called out some parents for questionable extracurricular activities.

“Parents, when you are helping your children at their computer please do not appear with big joints in your hands and cigarettes,” Pride said. “Those joints be as big as cigars. Oh yeah, we’ve seen it all.”
__

WavesnBabes would go. :jamon:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

__
Boca Raton Elementary teacher Edith Pride got colorful when describing the “in-formalities” of parents’ behavior when they appear in the background of their children’s virtual classes.

“Parents, please make sure that you have on proper clothing when you are walking behind your child’s computer because we’ve seen them in their drawers, their bras, and everything else,” Pride said during the board meeting.

“Parents, when you are helping your children at their computer please do not appear with big joints in your hands and cigarettes,” Pride said. “Those joints be as big as cigars. Oh yeah, we’ve seen it all.”
__

ahhaha

fuck that, these parents are doing their best juggling work from home and homeschooling. If they want to walk around naked taking bong hits - so be it!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
as an avid pot smoker myself - sometimes it trips e out how comfy some of my friends are smoking trees in front of their little ones. My parents blazed but I never knew until my teens and then we smoked together.
I keep it on lockdown around the kids. My daughter (who's older), damn, I could have her light the damn thing and she still would be unaware. The boy, though, haha, I have to be careful around him. He's savvy. :roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: CutnSnip

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Distance learning working out well! Personal hotspot, school computer Zoom meetings, at the beach while camping!
3F2A012C-EC51-4072-B81B-8EF9262DC24D.jpeg

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
My kid will attend class 2 days a week for a couple hours and the rest will be online. Sophomore in high school.

He’s enrolling in some online classes at SBCC as well so it won’t be a total waste of a year.

You‘d think the district would listen to the science and look at the data that shows kids are not vectors for covid.

And why isn’t education an “essential service”?
The school districts won't listen to the science because the public won't listen to thed science.

Dr. Redfield just said if everybody wore a mask, this would be over in six weeks. That is science.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The school districts won't listen to the science because the public won't listen to thed science.

Dr. Redfield just said if everybody wore a mask, this would be over in six weeks. That is science.
Everybody is wearing masks. Newsom keeps moving the goal posts.

Our school is ALL online.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

__

__

There’s a kid in my son‘s ‘class’ (zoom) who does bong hits during the sessions.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
Outside. Come on man.
O.k. Joe Biden

You want this over? You gotta make the effort.

Redfield is smarter than both of us If he says do it, then do it.

6 weeks. From the moment you leave your home to the moment you get back. Except for the time you are in your car with the windows up.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
O.k. Joe Biden

6 weeks. From the moment you leave your home to the moment you get back. Except for the time you are in your car with the windows up.
Oh, look! Someone has no idea how this virus gets transmitted.

Two people passing by each other on the sidewalk? Doesn’t work like that.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
O.k. Joe Biden

Here’s an undeniable fact...

Newsom put forth goals regarding hospitalizations and ICU numbers for re-opening and every county in California met those goals.

Then he announces new goals that don’t even use hospitalizations and ICU numbers and keeps the closures going.

Hospitalizations - down

ICU - down

Deaths - down

Remember - flatten the curve, don’t overwhelm the hospitals, two weeks....

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
Here’s an undeniable fact...

Newsom put forth goals regarding hospitalizations and ICU numbers for re-opening and every county in California met those goals.

Then he announces new goals that don’t even use hospitalizations and ICU numbers and keeps the closures going.

Hospitalizations - down

ICU - down

Deaths - down

Remember - flatten the curve, don’t overwhelm the hospitals, two weeks....
Maybe when there are 300,000 dead, people will pay attention.

Who am I kidding. If people didn't figure it out after 100,000 dead, then 200,000 dead, it isn't going to happen.