What is school re-opening going to look like in your state?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
My last class for my degrees will be a combo of online and in person. We do a lot of lab work that just did not work out at all when it went remote.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
They were talking a hybrid system with half the students on campus at once but now with the corona spike there's gonna be more and more families that dont want their kids on campus. It's gonna be a shitshow for sure.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My kid will attend class 2 days a week for a couple hours and the rest will be online. Sophomore in high school.

He’s enrolling in some online classes at SBCC as well so it won’t be a total waste of a year.

You‘d think the district would listen to the science and look at the data that shows kids are not vectors for covid.

And why isn’t education an “essential service”?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
School normally starts mid August, first word from the gubment is mid September. The grandkids are six and seven and at that age the homeschool isn’t a deal breaker but I can see where it would be if they were a little older. What are the families where both parents are employed doing with homeschooling, childcare, etc?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
School normally starts mid August, first word from the gubment is mid September. The grandkids are six and seven and at that age the homeschool isn’t a deal breaker but I can see where it would be if they were a little older. What are the families where both parents are employed doing with homeschooling, childcare, etc?
we are drinking. early and often.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I know a 1st grade teacher in San Mateo SD and she said they were told half-class every other day. Distancing...she expects to become the distance police all the time and it to be a complete shitshow.
Distance learning for her school was 90% show and tell and socializing on-line. She did get to see a few families(all members) topless.:oops:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I know a 1st grade teacher in San Mateo SD and she said they were told half-class every other day. Distancing...she expects to become the distance police all the time and it to be a complete shitshow.
Distance learning for her school was 90% show and tell and socializing on-line. She did get to see a few families(all members) topless.:oops:
is there a ZoomNudez subreddit yet....?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We are taking risks with our youth’s future much, much worse than the risks from Coronavirus

Are the elderly more important than children? Are adults?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
We are taking risks with our youth’s future much, much worse than the risks from Coronavirus

Are the elderly more important than children? Are adults?
its interesting that the “don’t ever trust the federal government“ guy is clamoring to obey his Dear Leader.