Harpers Magazine publishes alt right hate speech treatise, falls on wrong side of history

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yup.

You know, today I realized that there is NO PLACE I go, anywhere IRL, that is as full of hate and anger as the erBB politics forum.

With the possible exception of an occasional watching of Fox News and CNN. Although that's not exactly IRL is it?

I probably just need to get out me.
Get on 101 and start driving South. When you see a bunch of hateful angry donkeys across from a biker hangout seafood restaurant, have you a paddle.

If that's not your speed check out Malibu, Venice (you seem Abbot Hipster af tbh fam) , PV, CreeeeekDuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, Trestles, and Windansea.

Reactions: GDaddy

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
tldr: All this cancel culture is complex and societal norms and mores are in flux. Pay attention to those who have power and attend to how they want to hold on to it. Particularly the Pulchritudinous

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I feel like everyone creates their own frame and the frames just crash off of each other.

People see what they want to see.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
This, from Bill at Penzey’s Spices, speaks to me about the objection to “cancel culture.” “There is no denying that America’s founders risked everything to move equality forward as much, but mostly more, than anyone else of their time. But there’s also no denying that from our very beginning America has been a cancel culture. The humanity of women canceled out. The humanity of our indigenous people canceled out. The humanity of Black Americans canceled out and then they went back and canceled out two-fifths of their bodies as well. Not good.
You can go into great depths as to why racism exists in America, but there’s some pretty basic math to it as well. The short of it is as long as the costs of racism are only paid by those on the receiving end, racism will always be with us. Shift the costs of racism to those creating it and America changes for the better overnight. This is why the shift in support for Black Lives Matter from the 20%+ it was at in the time of Ferguson when we first started encouraging you to give it a look to the 70%+ it is at today matters so much.
Today you are still more than free to go ahead and livestream yourself explaining to America’s minority community why you support the president’s embrace of the Confederate flag. But where once this kind of thing would open doors for you, now it just means a visit from HR and security with a box to pack your things. That racism now is at that tipping point where it no longer cancels those it is directed towards but instead cancels those creating it may well live in the history books right next to July 4, 1776 and the Emancipation Proclamation. Or it may come before either. These are good times.”

Reactions: Woke AF

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Get on 101 and start driving South. When you see a bunch of hateful angry donkeys across from a biker hangout seafood restaurant, have you a paddle.

If that's not your speed check out Malibu, Venice (you seem Abbot Hipster af tbh fam) , PV, CreeeeekDuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, Trestles, and Windansea.
This, from a guy from Florida, who worships an orange troll

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
tldr: All this cancel culture is complex and societal norms and mores are in flux. Pay attention to those who have power and attend to how they want to hold on to it. Particularly the Pulchritudinous
Holy sh!t, this dumb sweet and delicious bag of sugar is basing her historical knowledge on a Broadway play?

Thank god I have Jesus Christ Superstar to flesh out all that history for me