Harpers Magazine publishes alt right hate speech treatise, falls on wrong side of history

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I agree that some emotions in extreme situations are difficult to impossible for mere mortals to control. However, we have gone SO far the other way. Few even make any attempt at self control anymore. Everything elicits emotion and the emotions are give free reign/nourished as a positive thing. IMO it's bizarre. Lack of emotional control is the "other epidemic."

Once again, you are struggling to see things from other people's point of view because you've never experienced what they've experienced.
I'm not going to bring up a P word because it will trigger you.

It's one thing "managing your emotions", it's another being treated like a sub-human by society and trying to live with it.

Can you manage it? Sure.

Is that a recipe for happy life? No.

You can probably manage constantly being told that you're a freak who "should not be accepted in any walk of life" but your life will still be miserable.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I read his autobiography back in the early US-90s, when I identified as libertarian, bootstraps and all that. Zappa was definitely into his own individual freedoms and leaned libertarian, though IIRC he was apolitical mostly. Not sure how he'd feel about all this. He just wanted to make his music, smoke cigarettes, and eat fried spaghetti without being bothered.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
People and companies are already making exit plans. The Chinese govt. does not tolerate dissent and will no longer allow protests like the HK govt. did last year. Instead, they will crush them violently into submision. China knows that the world is so dependent on them economically that they can get away with just about anything domestically.
Didn't the rich and smart ones move to Vancouver BC already and other places?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The far left is going to be crazier given the corrupt right is running the country.

Dumb right-wingers would be rioting if Hillary was president doing the trump level of cray cray

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Once again, you are struggling to see things from other people's point of view because you've never experienced what they've experienced.
I'm not going to bring up a P word because it will trigger you.

It's one thing "managing your emotions", it's another being treated like a sub-human by society and trying to live with it.

Can you manage it? Sure.

Is that a recipe for happy life? No.

You can probably manage constantly being told that you're a freak who "should not be accepted in any walk of life" but your life will still be miserable.
Wtf are you ranting about?

I don't even know what most of your post has to do with anything that I wrote. You're off on some tangent all by yourself. Good luck out there all by your lonesome.

Holy sh!t I wish you would learn to read. As usual concentrate on what I am saying and ignore the voices in your head taking it 20 steps in God knows what direction.

Obviosly I hit some kind of a trigger point with you.

I am so NOT some paragon of emotional self control. I strive for that but inevitably fall short. It is however something I strive to control. Maybe that's something you should consider as well? Consider getting some counseling from a mental health professional. IMO you could benefit immensely. Leaving others in charge of your emotions is a recipe for unhappiness. Think about it.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand