Harpers Magazine publishes alt right hate speech treatise, falls on wrong side of history

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
And then that article gets better

"celebrating the firing of the 'I feel threatened' guy"
"a vicious and potentially lethal meltdown in a superstore"
"Was the “good faith disagreement” that should be preserved a reference to J.K. Rowling, a letter signatory, who has been criticized for her recent assertions that trans women are something other than women?" :ROFLMAO::LOL:
"Any way you look at it, the timing is … odd. I have no idea why those who wrote and signed it thought that the middle of a global pandemic and a worldwide uprising against law enforcement’s long history of racist brutality was an ideal moment to give young people a stern talking to about the moral and societal risks of cancel culture."
"My disdain comes from the belief that it doesn’t exist"

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

This old bag created today's disgusting culture, and loves it. Hopefully she gets eaten by her cats

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Of course Bari Weiss got fucking regulated. Everybody hates her because she ran around Columbia University trying to get every non-Zionist neo-con professor fired back in 2004-2005, and now the shoe's on the other foot and predictably,

SHE'S TURNED THE VOLUME UP TO 11 ON HER COMPLETELY INSUFFERABLE J.A.P. TRAP.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Of course Bari Weiss got fucking regulated. Everybody hates her because she ran around Columbia University trying to get every non-Zionist neo-con professor fired back in 2004-2005, and now the shoe's on the other foot and predictably,

SHE'S TURNED THE VOLUME UP TO 11 ON HER COMPLETELY INSUFFERABLE J.A.P. TRAP.

Even though this is delicious, I hate when people get attacked for something they did In college decades ago

Reactions: afoaf

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Even though this is delicious, I hate when people get attacked for something they did In college decades ago
I'd agree with you if it was a sex tape, or a kegstand, or being one of 100k students in a stadium doing some chant that's now frowned upon. I still think the Harper's article makes excellent points many of which I agree with. In Bari's case, she is complaining about the EXACT SAME sh!t SHE DID, and she SUCKED at her job.

Should an editor be fired for publishing a Tom Cotton Op Ed?

No.

Should an editor be fired for defending a Tom Cotton Op Ed, then admitting he never even read it, yet he wrote the inflammatory headline THAT WAS AS LEAST AS MUCH OF THE PROBLEM AS COTTON'S ACTUAL DRIVEL?

This is called sucking at your job. Jeb and Trump and Ben Carson are allowed to get fooled by imps. Millennialls are not.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If Bari Weiss had been working at Fox and quit, making the exact same complaints about the groupthink orthodoxy of the editorial department and how it is enforced by staff and management alike and so on, the posters who are defending her would be excoriating her, and those excoriating her would be defending her. Politics begets hypocricy.

• Wow
Reactions: Ifallalot and afoaf

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
This seems relevant. I'll just leave it here...

I have no idea who this lady is but this is accurate

“ a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.”

Reactions: redrider

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I have no idea who this lady is but this is accurate

“ a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.”
Would it seem like rebelling and allowing yourself to be informed by the unenlightened is a wiser course of action? Isn't that how we are in the situation that we are?

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
1594905301972.png

I hear you Prax I don't actually own a Dashiki or a Nehru collar shirt. But they're funny as heck conceptually. As I get older I just want to start dressing more & more like Ralph Furley.

Reactions: Autoprax

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008