Harpers Magazine publishes alt right hate speech treatise, falls on wrong side of history

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
That was an amazingly well done interview. I still don't know who Natalie Wynn is but she is quite thoughtful and articulate.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
That was an amazingly well done interview. I still don't know who Natalie Wynn is but she is quite thoughtful and articulate.
She has a masters in philosophy from Northwestern and has a Youtube channel called Contrapoints wherein she discusses relevant topics of the day in a theatrical manner, often playing multiple roles. As you heard in the interview she has been a victim of said "cancel culture." The episode on Jordan Peterson is quite funny, and there's a 90+ minute one on "cancel culture," which I couldn't make it all the way through.

Last edited:

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
The internet is changing discourse. With so many vying for Pundit of the Year Award, the internet phases out the also-rans with startling rapidity, but many are left standing. Before discourse was capable of going viral, there was a huge peanut gallery of thinkers whose work was not so easily accessed. Their impact was not immediate and took time to filter into public consciousness. Now, a keyboard jockey can chew through 20, 40, 100 a day. Not only are the thinker's thoughts immediately available, they are usually accompanied by lots of persuasive commentary, one way or another. Maybe the cancelled deserve it; maybe not. Still, some survive. I mean, if Alex Jones can hang on so long, there's hope for anybody. I find that the ones complaining the most are those who do the internet/media for a living, understandably. The rest of us are just along for the ride.

The internet should be considered generally suspect. If it's not approached with skepticism can the bamboozling be far behind?

I'm not complaining. It's FUN. Let's cancel something!

Last edited:

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Here's Natalie Wynn's entire Contrapoints video on Cancel Culture.

Dig the Reign of Terror and guillotine references. Except that if one looks at the whole of the French Revolution one understands that the architect of the Terror was himself guillotined and that the confused and fickle French public gave up the royalty for an emperor.

I gave up after 16 minutes.