Psyops by Wealthy Conservatives

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
But in a pandemic, loitering in strategically important areas is a stupidity force-multiplier. Look at Greg Griffin talking about encountering it on his mountain bike. Say there are 100 Trump supporters on the trail. 90 will think the rona sucks, the lockdown and social distancing is no fun, but it is what it is. 5 of them will be tools about it as part of their daily routine/activities, and the final 5 will form groups on purpose to get the rona to own the libs. Probably a similar number of tinfoil morons on the left but drum circles are easier to avoid.
^^ This ^^

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Well, I did it because you are constantly equating death with state of the economy as being equaly bad, which rn is not equatable or even comparable.
I've never said rn.

I've said it's what's coming.

I like how you're suddenly adding "rn" to everything.

Did you come to the realization your previous posts will not age well?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's genetics.

This country was built by immigrants who wanted to play by their own rules.
This is really easy to forget.

There's a few ingrained national character traits but this is probably the most important one because it has been the case through every wave of immigration from the 17th Century colonists until now

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Like cheap Chinese and slave labor?

Or Puritanical religious nutcases that needed to be bailed out by the Native Americans so they didn't starve?

All of the above.

On the Big 5 Personality scale they were low in agreeableness.

"This sucks, I'm leaving! DGAF if I never see my family again either."

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
do all of the countries which are now reopening have this?

theres a limit to what the public will tolerate
the entire developed world is using contact tracing to intelligently identify who needs to quarantine.

America is rolling it out as well albeit on a state-by-state, county-by-county basis.

if you say I have a plan to address the virus and it does not include contact tracing, that's the equivalent of saying i am going to learn to surf without a surfboard. it will not happen.

but yeah no need for science, logic and adhering to what the experts have been saying since day one - let's just wave flags and rage. that's the better route.

Reactions: FecalFace and afoaf

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Like cheap Chinese and slave labor?

Or Puritanical religious nutcases that needed to be bailed out by the Native Americans so they didn't starve?
America: the best at securing bailouts
the entire developed world is using contact tracing to intelligently identify who needs to quarantine.

America is rolling it out as well albeit on a state-by-state, county-by-county basis.

if you say I have a plan to address the virus and it does not include contact tracing, that's the equivalent of saying i am going to learn to surf without a surfboard. it will not happen.

but yeah no need for science, logic and adhering to what the experts have been saying since day one - let's just wave flags and rage. that's the better route.
the underlying assumption is wrong

its not nearly as deadly as originally thought

so why would you impose broad scale invasion of privacy?

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
America: the best at securing bailouts

the underlying assumption is wrong

its not nearly as deadly as originally thought

so why would you impose broad scale invasion of privacy?
legally i am not sure if cooperation with contact tracing can be forced. probably not.

no doubt America will include some "rugged individuals" that refuse to cooperate but most will because being able to track potential infections is a key ingredient necessary to reopening the economy.

this process is already moving forward; it's a good thing IMO.

Reactions: FecalFace

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
legally i am not sure if cooperation with contact tracing can be forced. probably not.

no doubt America will include some "rugged individuals" that refuse to cooperate but most will because being able to track potential infections is a key ingredient necessary to reopening the economy.

this process is already moving forward; it's a good thing IMO.
so what happens when everyone realizes that large % of the population have already been exposed with no noticeable effects?

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
what is this years away stuff?

25% unemployment

1/4 workers without jobs

how is that sustainable?
It's not sustainable and because the lockdown is not forever, those figures won't last.

I don't understand what the problem is.

The country is slowly opening up in stages.

The tests and contact tracing is ramping up slowly.

Doing anything else right now would be foolish.

Are you advocating for full open over night?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

Very well said.

It's just bummer that those rugged individuals and rebels will say that contact tracing is violating their freedoms.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
so what happens when everyone realizes that large % of the population have already been exposed with no noticeable effects?
100K+ people, at minimum, will die in America from this virus.

to me personally that is way more than enough suffering to warrant the use of contact tracing.

you and everyone else that posts on here are welcome to determine how many must die before getting "on board" with what is going to happen anyway.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

to me personally that is way more than enough suffering to warrant the use of contact tracing.

you and everyone else that posts on here are welcome to determine how many must die before getting "on board" with what is going to happen anyway.

Why weren't you crying out when flu killed 90k last year?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

That's 0.03% of the population

That's not even close to a level of suffering to give up a fundamental right of privacy

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace