Psyops by Wealthy Conservatives

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
no, it’s like global warming

some idiots are willing to destroy the economy over that

Same thing here
Only a small number of crackpots want to destroy the economy over global warming. They're way out on the fringe.

And only a small number of crackpots on the other fringe think there is a large number of crackpots on the other side who want to destroy the economy.

Each fringe thinks the opposite fringe is bigger than it really is, and this belief goes both ways. Fringe-dwellers live there for a reason.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Maybe not for Trump fanboi tears. Although it seems that there are people on this very forum who are keeping score and cheerleading for more Rona and stoke market dips as a way to stick one to Trump and win votes.
Do you think if they had power to eliminate outbreak, they would choose more death to insure trump loses?

Saying, I told you so, is not the same as wanting something to happen.

I want to be wrong about trump, thinking he is as awful as he is, but I think I'm correct in my negative assessment.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Do you think if they had power to eliminate outbreak, they would choose more death to insure trump loses?

Saying, I told you so, is not the same as wanting something to happen.

I want to be wrong about trump, thinking he is as awful as he is, but I think I'm correct in my negative assessment.
No, I don't think they would. Although it's pretty clear what their motives are when there is a new death count thread every few days. It's the new BUNGAZY

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
IDK guys - this doesn't sound like a good thing to me:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
IDK guys - this doesn't sound like a good thing to me:

I get that this is an inexact science, but these ranges are so wide that the model seems iffy and their track record appears lacking:

"The IHME projections are presented as a statistical range of outcomes. The latest forecast predicts the cumulative number of U.S. deaths from COVID-19 will run from as few as 95,092 to as many as 242,890 by Aug. 4 - with 134,475 lives lost representing the most likely, middle ground.

By comparison, the previous revision issued on April 29 put the middle-case figure at 72,400 deaths, within a range between 59,300 and 114,200 fatalities."

and from April 17th:

"IHME also announced that the number of daily COVID-19 deaths in the US may have peaked two days ago, April 15, with 2,481 deaths. The peak does not include earlier presumptive cumulative COVID-19 deaths reported yesterday by New York City. The Institute now is estimating 60,308 (estimated range of 34,063 to 140,381) deaths across the US by August 4, down from 68,841 as predicted on April 13."

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
And yet the two sides break cleanly down party lines.

It must be another one of those coincidences.
Two sides are divided cleanly down the party lines because they are divided cleanly down the reasonable and unreasonable lines.

Completely opening straight away becuz FREEDUM is not reasonable. It's ridiculous.
Nobody's freedom is taken away because there is a public health crisis. Who are you rebeling against, a virus?

Opening up in stages and monitoring CV numbers, ramping up testing and contact tracing is an effective and reasonable method to combat this.

One is pure feelz and the other one is just pragmatism.

Guess which one are you?