What are your realistic expectations of when and how the beaches will re-open?

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Sandy Beach Park on Oahu was closed for a while but waveriders could park along the highway and walk to the water. Today however, cars parked alongside the road were ticketed. Might be a sign of things to come.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Was just listening to Dr Peter Hotez on Joe Rogan (gasp!) warn that it’s more of a risk to younger people than most people realize or initially thought.

don’t shoot the messenger.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Some of the people frolicking are trying to forget for a moment that their own businesses and personal finances are tanking.

Now they just sit at home contemplating suicide.
Watching people frolic in the waves while your business and personal finances tank is really irritating.
i have found not frolicking in the waves while my business and personal finances tank is extremely irritating, so today f'em, i froooo... licked.

Reactions: CutnSnip and PRCD

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I think, a lot of people will die this week. I think a lot of people will die next week. I think fewer people will die every week thereafter until November? December? I don't think we really need all these tests much longer. Or well we need them, some but it seems to me the tests will be more use now if we just make sure we have enough next go around. That is, the next MAJOR go around. This outbreak, is already on. A wise man once said something like "thee donkey hath done departed thee donkee-show".
I don't presume to be remarkably intelligent or knowledgeable in these matters. I don't believe anything I hear anymore. I just think what I think is probably the most likely thing.
I'm hoping for the best.
And finally, the trendiest most happening parting salutation of the day seems fitting enough,
"Be safe. We are all in this together."[puking graemlin__:\\]

Reactions: keenfish

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Right, but the old guy who knows everything will be asked to work from home. Hopefully, his managers will get him to transfer his knowledge ASAP. Most companies have no plans for this. We're heading backward technically based on what I've seen.
I would assume this might work in other industries, but unfortunately this is not the case in (bedside/clinical) healthcare.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Here in Santa Cruz county we have 69 cases as of today.

Just over the hill in San Clara county they have 1200+ cases. To the north in San Mateo county they have close to 580 cases.

The beaches are going to have to stay closed until these surrounding areas get their #s under control. Then it looks like places are having flareups once the restrictions are released because some people who have had Covid are still carriers.

This could be a long, drawn out process until its over.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes I’m sure one of the leading scientists in global health who is taking a leading initiative into covid19 knows nothing of the statistics.

you should go tell him, clearly he knows nothing.
im beginning to think we live in a time with dumbest set of experts in history...

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I think a lot of the older age stats come from the fact that they are being taken care of the younger age stats who are infected.

Yes, they are more vulnerable. So if you are younger, and you take care of an elderly person, you need to be twice as much on your game.

This is what my family is practicing.

Reactions: FecalFace