The day surfing died in San Diego

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Although the State closed down the San Elijo campground and parking lot today, there were dozens and dozens of cars parked on Coast Highway. My son was out for his daily dawn patrol and by the time the sun came up, it looked like Memorial Day in the water at the ‘reef.’FB9688B4-5D77-495E-AB6C-D047E5CCE52C.jpeg

Reactions: ~rwright~

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Went to do some recon today. There went that. St. John's County: Done
Also I went to check it out after sunset in the gloom but of the no parking but supposed to have access points in the North End of Ponte Vedra, it looks like the people just basically plant across the access the point. It was dark but I checked pretty closely and didn't see any that looked fun to bushwack. Like there's probably Spanish Bayonets and they stock the sh!t with black widows or some sh!t.

Anyway this (photo not mine) is looking South from what I presume is a condo in Jax Beach or maybe a drone, at the St. John's/Duval County line. Neptune's Narc.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
So, should the powers that be just post up at the beach access and have each of the beach go'ers sign a waiver that says if you get the Corona , you will be put in a tent in a hole in the ground and given only water and bread with no medical resources wasted on your dumb ass?

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
So, should the powers that be just post up at the beach access and have each of the beach go'ers sign a waiver that says if you get the Corona , you will be put in a tent in a hole in the ground and given only water and bread with no medical resources wasted on your dumb ass?
But if you get Corona and there is a 14 day incubation window where you spread this sh!t around before you even know you have Corona.

This is the problem.

Once you are infected. You might be walking around with Covid spraying out of your pie hole for weeks before you even know it.

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Sharkbiscuit, that pic looks odd or even chopped, I could be wrong but I've never seen a pov where our coastline looks like that.

Large vegetated dunes too towards the back.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
sounds like quarantine til june
People can’t live like this.

And not allowing people to work (are we in America anymore?) until june will have devastating economic effects that will last generations. The repercussions of which will be much much worse than Kung Flu.

I can’t believe we are just letting this happen.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

And not allowing people to work (are we in America anymore?) until june will have devastating economic effects that will last generations. The repercussions of which will be much much worse than Kung Flu.

I can’t believe we are just letting this happen.
Not only letting it happen, but cheering it on

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Plenty of space and waves at home. Dry docked for at least 3 more weeks from the ear drill. Meanwhile down the block
469127D7-3315-4973-AE0E-374EACC81F5A.jpeg3998E0E8-0415-4280-A527-2B08A8FE379A.jpeg
469127D7-3315-4973-AE0E-374EACC81F5A.jpeg700F5450-EAD6-4347-848F-D1B735330B1F.jpeg

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sharkbiscuit, that pic looks odd or even chopped, I could be wrong but I've never seen a pov where our coastline looks like that.

Large vegetated dunes too towards the back.
I got it from the Times Union's website.

Looks plausible to me? I've been to the Club in PV once, and I surf far South JB down towards the border generally only during the airshow week when sh!t up front's closed. Photo looks like it was taken at dead low tide; you can see the weedline on the Duval side. Picture would have been a real PR disaster if taken at high tide with everyone bunched up.

Maybe tide is why the dunes look so far back from the water's edge?

On google I can see the public access trails and the massive amounts of vegetation on the street side. I'm cool with no signs and no parking spaces; that's great but there's a non-zero percentage of people in PV who live an easy walk/bike to the beach and they all go to Mickler's. Or join that foo foo douchecanoe club.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
My house is starting to look like the Hunger Games. My boys have been hunting each other with the nerf bow with sporadic sword fighting. The youngest got stabbed near the eye with a stick. There have been major crashes rounding corners at high speed.

IOW, no, we cannot live like this.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
This whole restaurant take out thing is pretty lame. Save the restaurants? #KeepHawaiiCooking is a hashtag. Forced tips when I ordered from my sandwich shop yesterday? Seems like a band aid at best. This is not sustainable for a restaurant.

Also how much faaaaahking plastic and styrofoam we running through?

Reactions: JonnyAvenues

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
This whole restaurant take out thing is pretty lame. Save the restaurants? #KeepHawaiiCooking is a hashtag. Forced tips when I ordered from my sandwich shop yesterday? Seems like a band aid at best. This is not sustainable for a restaurant.

Also how much faaaaahking plastic and styrofoam we running through?
What’s the other option? All restaurant employees in the state are immediately unemployed and most restaurant owners wind up going bankrupt?