The day surfing died in San Diego

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
I think that's the direction Florida beaches are going to take.

There were definitely some key tourist areas that were dense, and sensationalized, but for the most part the beaches were not crowded

It's just to appease the inlanders who watch on TV and think they have no choice but stay inside their four wall prison.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
San Diego beaches are closed. Uluwatu is closed. Peru is closed. Frikken everywhere is closed.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think that's the direction Florida beaches are going to take.

There were definitely some key tourist areas that were dense, and sensationalized, but for the most part the beaches were not crowded

It's just to appease the inlanders who watch on TV and think they have no choice but stay inside their four wall prison.
They're almost all closed now. Nassau, Duval, Flagler, and Indian River down to Dade are done. St. John's, you need to know a side street away from the parks, or you need a local to let you park at their place. Brevard is the same situation. I am pretty sure Volusia is the only one left, and I think quite a bit of access there is zapped as well.

Reactions: McHatin

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I think u can surf oceanside it's just parking lots closed.
I believe that's the case too. beach parking lots and kids playgrounds are closed. Open park areas are still OK, as long as you don't "group" with others.

May be good for locals in walking/biking distance to beach. Or just park your car on the streets a block back, and be discrete getting wetsuit on and getting down to water. Will be like the old days surfing PV or sneaking into Trestles.:p:drowning:

Speaking of Trestles, if they close the parking by Carl's Jr. and a good south hits, the local 'hood is going to be pissed at all the surfer cars parked in that already tight crowded area for locals. Could get sketchy.

BTW, I just heard Italy is now not letting anyone even drive around or out and about, unless they have specific papers to go shopping and do essential travel. Cops stop people to check for them.

How far are we from "Achtung Baby! Papers please"?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot and ANIMA

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
city and state beaches are officially closed, signs up, lifeguards present
today was thre first day of quarantine i left the house, at 6am to surf alone
and it was the first official day of beach closure
the sunny day beach hoards blew it for everyone
lots of guys out at various spots on surfline though

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
city and state beaches are officially closed, signs up, lifeguards present
today was thre first day of quarantine i left the house, at 6am to surf alone
and it was the first official day of beach closure
the sunny day beach hoards blew it for everyone
lots of guys out at various spots on surfline though
Over 10 people out at Cardiff and at least 6 cars in the lot at 8:am. What lockdown? :whistle:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I surfed (first time in over a month). Rolled solo, paddled out and kept distance. And of course three guys paddle out right on my dick. I yelled at them saying they're part of the problem. They said nothing and paddled away. Felt so good to surf. Cops patrolled the the boardwalk and stopped a few people including a surfer. I don't think he was ticketed though.

Funniest part of the morning was the fact that the sand grooming tractor was running up and down a supposedly "closed" beach. Come on City of SD get a clue morans!

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Head high w/ offshore winds forecasted for Friday morning in SD, paddle out solo
-Surfline

Beaches closed, stay away, practice social distancing
-City

#tag challenge ten friends to paddle out with
-Every Chad & Brad in SD

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I surfed (first time in over a month). Rolled solo, paddled out and kept distance. And of course three guys paddle out right on my dick. I yelled at them saying they're part of the problem. They said nothing and paddled away. Felt so good to surf. Cops patrolled the the boardwalk and stopped a few people including a surfer. I don't think he was ticketed though.

Funniest part of the morning was the fact that the sand grooming tractor was running up and down a supposedly "closed" beach. Come on City of SD get a clue morans!
I need trigger warnings on that sand tractor sh!t I fckng swear the more they use that gddmn mthrfckng wtf for fck useless pointless thing the more they mess up the sandbars and cloud the water.

I know what we need to do. We need to take taxpayer money, and turn it into a gigantic rake on the ass end of a tractor that makes a tractor ass racket up and down the beach, peaceful morning, ruins the sandbars, silts up the water hurting fishing and aesthetics, and tears the bigger pieces of trash left by beach blanket bingo Covid vector goat herds into smaller pieces for dispersal.