The day surfing died in San Diego

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
This was @joeljitsu post yesterday that had everybody fuming. I guess he was doubting the ongoing covid-19 crisis and reports coming out of the hospital ER's around the country. He's insinuating it's all just a hoax/government conspiracy and that we're all sheep for believing it. His response to all the angry comments was "Film it" #filmyourhospital #emptyhospitals
He deleted the post after 45 minutes once people started tagging his main sponsor @vans and @vanssurfjoeljitsu.jpg

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I like his approach to riding a longboard in terms of trim vs flailing, and respect for/knowledge of surf history but I liked what GDaddy said. He trains jiu jitsu to resolve the conflict he creates.

It seems like everyone has a good story about someone with a notorious reputation. "Oh I was in Moorea and some 140# soaking wet OC kid you can hear calling out people at Lowers when you're at RJs didn't burn the 6'6" 320# pro rugby player on the sponge." Yeah no sh!t. It's kind of nice when someone is cool everywhere and not just when they're outnumbered lineup to 1 at Deathfist Reef.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Thing is Joel only starts stuff with people he knows he can get away with.

BJJ is a great sport for people (I personally think the GI is lame and there are plenty of nuthuggers) but let’s be serious. There is a reason BJJ has weight classes.

Dudes like Joel would get wrecked by dudes who weigh 220 lbs and have even a little knowledge of submission defense.

Barca and Joel are one and the same. Not sure who I hate more. Both are grade A losers. Maybe It’s Barca because he pretends he’s Hawaiian when he’s just a white dude from a transplant family who calls others Haoles.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
o'side still in play but mayor referring to beach as under a "soft closure"

i am afraid that they'll lock it all down any day now so get it while you can.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
This was @joeljitsu post yesterday that had everybody fuming. I guess he was doubting the ongoing covid-19 crisis and reports coming out of the hospital ER's around the country. He's insinuating it's all just a hoax/government conspiracy and that we're all sheep for believing it. His response to all the angry comments was "Film it" #filmyourhospital #emptyhospitals
He deleted the post after 45 minutes once people started tagging his main sponsor @vans and @vanssurfView attachment 88476
low education has a way of catching up to people eventually.

that might have been his career ender right there

the virus is very real and very serious.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Ya, was noticing this last Sunday. Once it starts warming up more, it may be all shut down.
apparently you cannot even lay out on the beach. only for running, walking, surfing while observing social distancing. they are monitoring the situation though which tells me the hammer will drop at some point.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
For the people in the back

My family in Kauai HATES him. Just simply for his behavior and how he behaved while running for mayor.

Apparently a lot of people outside his little Hanalei bubble are the same.

I got no issues with transplants considering my pops and grandpa are. That being said I don’t go around with triangles tattooed up my leg and creating movies called “Locals Only” and acting like I’m Kanaka

Reactions: tacos

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
apparently you cannot even lay out on the beach. only for running, walking, surfing while observing social distancing. they are monitoring the situation though which tells me the hammer will drop at some point.
LA County....DONE!

look at the el porto surfline cam

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Lower's is "closed". Only 100 people out. But I did see this while watching the cam and laughed. Lifeguard truck rolled up. A group of e-bikes got the heck outa there.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Crowded from Seaside to Pipes this morning. There were 5 people out at Swami’s (no lifeguards or sheriff’s in sight). I believe Encinitas has up to $1,000 fine if you get caught.