Can we talk about the new TESLA TRUCK?

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
I can see the same show off crowd that buys the g-wagon buying this truck. I don’t think you will see Ed bassmaster towing his camouflage pond boat on the back anytime soon.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
And a lot of people are saying it’s ugly but remember the iPhone, iPad and Mac Pro all got the same reaction at first. Look at them now.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I can see the same show off crowd that buys the g-wagon buying this truck. I don’t think you will see Ed bassmaster towing his camouflage pond boat on the back anytime soon.
AKA dickbags

I can imagine a lot of road bikes being driven to the PCH in these

And a lot of people are saying it’s ugly but remember the iPhone, iPad and Mac Pro all got the same reaction at first. Look at them now.
Mac Pro trash cans are still ugly and not very functional

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA

is that supposed to be a joke? he can't be serious on the design. that's some sh!t a 5 year old kid draws

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

is that supposed to be a joke? he can't be serious on the design. that's some sh!t a 5 year old kid draws
It's Elon Musk. Some little girl didn't give him a jolly rancher or something when he was 5 and shared his Legos, and he was all, the Countach, I need the Countach, then I get the fckn jolly rancher.

Here he is with the Lego Countach after Amber Heard sucked a bunch of his life force from him and didn't give him any jolly ranchers.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento and Ifallalot

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
It's Elon Musk. Some little girl didn't give him a jolly rancher or something when he was 5 and shared his Legos, and he was all, the Countach, I need the Countach, then I get the fckn jolly rancher.

Here he is with the Lego Countach after Amber Heard sucked a bunch of his life force from him and didn't give him any jolly ranchers.
a sprinter van has more style than that thing

Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Nice corners. I guarantee I would crush my nuts several times a week walking around the back of one of those.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Re the styling, I got ahold of one of the first Dodge Ram pickup after the redesign, which at the time was considered extreme. I literally had the first one in CA. (long story) If I left that truck parked anywhere, I had guys surrounding my truck ten to twenty deep when I went to get back into it. And a lot of the reaction was hostile. I mean, to the point where I thought I was going to have fight somebody before I could drive away. It was weird. My wife was freaking out. Until things calmed down she wouldn't ride in it. Guys get really weird about pickup trucks.

At 40 grand I'm actually tempted. Be a good surf truck. The bed is actually 6'5 feet long. It looks wide so you can probably put a 7'8" to maybe even 8' board in the bottom of the bed with the tailgate shut. Park it in between all the MBZ "adventure vans" that all the kooks drive. No door dings. Hang your wet wetsuits off the side of your stainless truck. Does it come with a Michael J Fox option? Can I set it for the year 2078 and take a nap in the back seat?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017

Exactly about what I was thinking when I watched the reveal.

Its only a matter of time before the other truck makers decide to futurize their trucks to compete.

Musk says that 1.5 mil trucks by the big 3 were sold this year alone.
If he can get a small percentage of that, it will force them to redesign their trucks to compete. They don't want to lose that business, especially to an EV maker.

I ain't scared! $100 gets you on the list, refundable, going to be 2+ years away, walk away if it's stoopid!

Was pretty funny watching the Franz guy throw those steel balls into the windows though, lol didn't look expected!

Reactions: CJSB