Can we talk about the new TESLA TRUCK?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
94? From the instant I laid eyes on one of those I wanted one. Then I found out about the cummins and was just drooling. Still like em.

That was the body style. I don't recall the year. I got it on a two year lease. The reaction from some people was just weird. Like, "that's the ugliest truck I've ever seen in my life. Why would you buy that piece of sh!t?" These were complete strangers. They had no qualms about letting me know what they thought.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I agree. I kind of doubt that they'll be able to hold the entry level to under 40 grand
Yeah, that's not gonna happen. But even if they can keep it close to 50 it will sell faster than they can produce. Can't wait until they standardize batteries so I can just pull up to the "gas" station and get my dead one swapped for a freshly charged one in about the time it would take to fill up a tank with gas.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Re the styling, I got ahold of one of the first Dodge Ram pickup after the redesign, which at the time was considered extreme. I literally had the first one in CA. (long story) If I left that truck parked anywhere, I had guys surrounding my truck ten to twenty deep when I went to get back into it. And a lot of the reaction was hostile. I mean, to the point where I thought I was going to have fight somebody before I could drive away. It was weird. My wife was freaking out. Until things calmed down she wouldn't ride in it. Guys get really weird about pickup trucks.

At 40 grand I'm actually tempted. Be a good surf truck. The bed is actually 6'5 feet long. It looks wide so you can probably put a 7'8" to maybe even 8' board in the bottom of the bed with the tailgate shut. Park it in between all the MBZ "adventure vans" that all the kooks drive. No door dings. Hang your wet wetsuits off the side of your stainless truck. Does it come with a Michael J Fox option? Can I set it for the year 2078 and take a nap in the back seat?
weird that u say that, dodge has always had the ugliest cars and trucks. hideous

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
This will be my main means of transportation when I move to mars.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Whenever I see a big truck, I think, little guy with small dick.

I'm not saying that is right.

That is just what I think.

I like eurofag cars so there.

I'm only human.

I don't know what I will think when I see this monstrosity.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
So you have a truck with no bed. No roof surface you can put a rack on. If you add a shell with a flat roof surface it will look like a delivery van. Drives like a Porshe, so obviously no locking diffs.

A gimmic car.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Whenever I see a big truck, I think, little guy with small dick.

I'm not saying that is right.

That is just what I think.

I like eurofag cars so there.

I'm only human.

I don't know what I will think when I see this monstrosity.
Going by my personal observations big trucks are driven by small dudes. Peen size we’ll just have to infer because I’m not in the habit of checking.

I drive a 2004 Tacoma.

Reactions: Leaverite

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Here is another fun Tesla fact. Fish Valley, NV. If you ever have been to this place, one of the most amazing hot springs. The actual developed spring and then a couple of large, adjoining ponds. The water in the ponds is cooler but still warm. Huge goldfish swimming around.

Tesla.

Eli is punching test drill holes all around the vicinity of these ponds. Looking for a source of Lithium. The most promising area in the USA for a Lithium mine, freeing him up from overseas sources.

So this pristine, quiet, natural area becomes a huge, open pit mine to supply the ingredients to make Tesla batteries. Plus the refining processes and the byproducts. It's in Nevada so the environmental red tape to Eli is minimal.

How Green is that?