Can we talk about the new TESLA TRUCK?

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
A friend of mine towed a travel trailer with a gmc 6.2l gas engine & got 8-10 mpg.
The new gm 6.6l gas engine looks promising
My 2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost tows the boat/trailer (9500lbs) and gets 10mpg. Its rated for 11600. Unloaded it gets 19 on the highway if I'm not pushing over 75 (PNW cops enforce that way more than CA cops). The issue is that if I'm towing that much weight, the F150 is supposed to use a weight distribution hitch. My boat's trailer manufacturer won't warranty a trailer if weight distribution hitch is put on. As soon as I hit 62mph, my rig gets squirrelly because the excess tongue weight is unweighting the front tires. I'm ordering an F250 with the new 7.3 gas and 10 speed trans with the Tremor package. Should be a beast, and preliminary tests are saying the new 7.3 w/10 speed should get close to diesel mileage.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Reactions: fishtank

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
My 2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost tows the boat/trailer (9500lbs) and gets 10mpg. Its rated for 11600. Unloaded it gets 19 on the highway if I'm not pushing over 75 (PNW cops enforce that way more than CA cops). The issue is that if I'm towing that much weight, the F150 is supposed to use a weight distribution hitch. My boat's trailer manufacturer won't warranty a trailer if weight distribution hitch is put on. As soon as I hit 62mph, my rig gets squirrelly because the excess tongue weight is unweighting the front tires. I'm ordering an F250 with the new 7.3 gas and 10 speed trans with the Tremor package. Should be a beast, and preliminary tests are saying the new 7.3 w/10 speed should get close to diesel mileage.
You're actually smart not going diesel these days. Newer ones are a mess.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
mustang don't look so bad, could look better with a mesh type grille. kinda looks like a mashup of a mazda and a model x

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
seriously....the fugg is going on with trucks with trunks for beds? i know its cool and everything...hell...i don't even do construction..but fugg.....put a bed on these pieces of sh!t

Reactions: dunnder

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
This is going to be my next truck.
View attachment 82733
:ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Those things are so godamn ugly. It looks like they brought to life bad fan photoshop art of a jeep pickup. Aftermarket modified wranglers are the new Honda Civic. I see so many posers driving around with their modded jeeps that have clearly never been off-road and will likely never go off road.

On a side note, I rented a Grand Cherokee in Seattle this past weekend. What a pile of crap that thing was. Made me yearn for my lezbaru.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I miss my tacoma.

Sold it for a VW Diesel wagon for my commute.
Nothing wrong with my car other than I'm pushing past 80k and it has me shaking thinking about repair costs when it's out of warranty. The Tacoma was at 190 and never let me down. I always wished it had a full size bed though.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019

A teaser photo released by Tesla in March doesn't reveal much about the truck's design.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I would be a little nervous about buying any Tesla. They are not widespread, and if anything goes wrong most mechanics won't touch one; you have to go to a dealer. Even when functioning well, they are dependent on a functioning supplier of software updates, bug fixes, diagnostic services, and so on. Tesla HQ is always talking to its cars.

The thing is, I am not convinced Tesla HQ will be in business ten years from now. What then?

Reactions: Ifallalot

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
I would be a little nervous about buying any Tesla. They are not widespread, and if anything goes wrong most mechanics won't touch one; you have to go to a dealer. Even when functioning well, they are dependent on a functioning supplier of software updates, bug fixes, diagnostic services, and so on. Tesla HQ is always talking to its cars.

The thing is, I am not convinced Tesla HQ will be in business ten years from now. What then?
Listen up now, Tesla has already been in business for at least 10 years. If something happens to them, another company will just buy them up and continue. So thats just the typical comment from a closed minded person.
Their tech is proven far and above any other ev car maker or ice car makers, ev tech for that matter.

Their make up is also much simpler than a regular car too. Yes, they are run by a computer, but so are regular cars, for the most part.Todays newer cars need the same attention, if not more.
No need to goto most mechanics anyways, Tesla now comes to you if you have a problem on the road.
Tesla is also continually building infrastructure where they are selling cars. US, EU, Asia,OZ, etc. , like charging stations and service stations. The ev tech is here to stay, thats why almost all car makers are making an ev model or more, like volvo, going all electric in the coming years.
Musk is practically a genius. His Tesla pet is just that, a pet. When he finally gets to MARS, he will show all the Flat Earthers that the Earth really is ROUND!! lol