YOLO ALERTS

averagejoe

Miki Dora status
May 28, 2008
So far away
www.mardawg.com
did you get fired, asked to leave, asked to resign?
I talked to a few people from here about what happened pretty close to the time that things went down. I’m not going to rehash a bunch of crap from five years ago. It’s really no one’s business.
I was unhappy working there
I made a proposal to restructure my position or leave amicably
I was told my proposal was too expensive and he couldn’t afford to keep me around
So I think it was a mutual parting of ways
I wasn’t caught in the act of doing anything
Nothing was corrupted
story tellers never let the facts get in the way of a good story

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I talked to a few people from here about what happened pretty close to the time that things went down. I’m not going to rehash a bunch of crap from five years ago. It’s really no one’s business.
I was told my proposal was too expensive and he couldn’t afford to keep me around
Nothing was corrupted
Its a public forum in which you responded so....
I guess a bit of misinformation or story telling coming from a triangle of Peeps :porcorn:

• Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Nothing was corrupted
Class struggles often turn ugly, since the very birth of capitalism. Long live the workers!

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
i got no ponydog in it. never talked to william (rip greg) about it or dave or dylan, so it jus me talkin sh!t in publick butttt

always thought mardawgs were ripped from stretch files and jus figured stretch had enough of it

on a more yolo note but still related, yolod a legit otr yolo- 6-8 20.75 2.62 fcd hr

epoxy work is stretch level. rowjimmy would approve

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
i got no ponydog in it. never talked to william (rip greg) about it or dave or dylan, so it jus me talkin sh!t in publick butttt

always thought mardawgs were ripped from stretch files and jus figured stretch had enough of it

on a more yolo note but still related, yolod a legit otr yolo- 6-8 20.75 2.62 fcd hr

epoxy work is stretch level. rowjimmy would approve
I tried to get fcd to do my glass/ foam work for my Alpha Omega few years back but blank time was way backed up machine was broken:drowning:

• Sad
Reactions: doc_flavonoid

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I tried to get fcd to do my glass/ foam work for my Alpha Omega few years back but blank time was way backed up machine was broken:drowning:
No worries pure glass did a great job even though my black rails look purple "haze" mistake I like and only reason was S glass with epoxy but board is bullet proof:cheers:

Reactions: doc_flavonoid

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
It's going to be a very twinny fall. Lane Splitter against the Twinsquishman for fun. Does it get any better than this?!?!?

LS 5'8 x 19.5 x 2.5 vs. TSQM 5'7 x 20 x 2.35

The Lane Splitter has A LOT more rocker... the Twinsquishman is almost dead flat. Don't remember the Twinsman being quite that flat. I think they may have relaxed the rocker on this version.

View attachment 133456View attachment 133457
Surf that Twinsquish yet? I’m interested in how it compares to the plasmic. Mine is probably still another 4 to 8 weeks out.

Reactions: oeste858

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Surf that Twinsquish yet? I’m interested in how it compares to the plasmic. Mine is probably still another 4 to 8 weeks out.
I have surfed it but only in kind of average waves so far... once at OB and once at a reef north of SC. My impression so far is that the board paddles and catches waves pretty well but doesn't feel that fast down the line and I have trouble generating speed on it. I suspect this is a fin issue.

So far both sets that I've tried on the board have felt like total duds. The first set I tried was the Futures BMTs and the second set was the Shapers Asher Pacey 5.55 twins. I expected the BMTs to be way too big but thought the shapers would go well... they feel amazing in my lane splitter. Neither of them have felt like a good fit so going to try something smaller on the next go.

Interested to see what the low end on the Twinsquish actually looks like. When I had a regular 5'8 twinsman, I was a little bit surprised by how weak the low end was given the width and forward volume. TSQM clearly has a much better low end but I suspect the sweet spot is going to be fun, clean waves in the 2 - 4' range. I feel like the Plasmic has a slightly better low end with the super wide tail and generates speed a little bit more naturally.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for the thorough review of the sessions so far. Looking forward to testing mine out soon. My plasmic is 5’4…Twinsquish will be about 5’7 both with roughly the same volume.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Thanks for the thorough review of the sessions so far. Looking forward to testing mine out soon. My plasmic is 5’4…Twinsquish will be about 5’7 both with roughly the same volume.
The same exact thing for me. My last plasmic was 5'3.5" from Varial and my TSQM is 5'7. We're starting to get cleaner fall conditions here in SF so should be able to update the review in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed).

Reactions: SD_Dan