YOLO ALERTS

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I knew Dave pretty well back then and he wanted to put my name in the hat to take over his position. I wasn't ready to move to SC even if Stretched picked me.
Dave turned out to be from my home town and even went to same high school a million years after me. Super nice guy offered a couple times to drive my nrw board down while visiting his mom. Great vustomer service once over sanded one of my FU#3 fcs bases and sent me another free:foreheadslap: @grg didn't Dylan take over after and they just made him a bigger hat to wear "DO More"?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Hmmmm, I'm getting old but I believe Dave was still there when it all went down.
I’m sure I’ll regret asking the internet about this can of worms….but what “went down”?

and I second stretch ships boards like all boards should be packaged. Wish everyone did that, we’d all have fewer bummer stories. Sorry man, sux

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
My DA Plasmic arrived with no issues. Delivery driver actually witnessed the opening of it. But yeah, it was just in cardboard. Add some bubble wrap, ok?

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Dave turned out to be from my home town and even went to same high school a million years after me. Super nice guy offered a couple times to drive my nrw board down while visiting his mom. Great vustomer service once over sanded one of my FU#3 fcs bases and sent me another free:foreheadslap: @grg didn't Dylan take over after and they just made him a bigger hat to wear "DO More"?
Thats rad and he is a good guy for sure. We chat every once and a while and he's well on his new gig.

Yes, Dylan took over after.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

dcurbelo

OTF status
Jan 27, 2011
Atlantic Ocean
They must be aware that boards are getting damaged as we’re (the erBB) most likely a small percentage of their customer base.

Obviously, they’re not indestructible and when people are paying a premium, they should arrive immaculate.

Varial does a very good packing job. My 5th one should arrive in a week or two. I’ll try to remember to take a couple of unboxing photos. It’s nothing crazy, but it seems to work.
Totally agree. I've been getting a couple of Varials together with DAs and their packing is how it should be done for such a premium product. I really don't get where this issue could come from a team with so much expertise on their shoulders.
Email send.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
I got many boards from Justin before the Dark Arts days... I can say they USED to be packed very well.

Reactions: sdsrfr

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I’m sure I’ll regret asking the internet about this can of worms….but what “went down”?

and I second stretch ships boards like all boards should be packaged. Wish everyone did that, we’d all have fewer bummer stories. Sorry man, sux
Dave wasn't there when it "went down".

Basically, Stretch caught AverageJoe downloading all of his files and in doing so corrupted them which resulted in stretch having to start from absolute scratch and do them all over again. That's why averagejoe got fired abruptly. No bueno.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Dave wasn't there when it "went down".

Basically, Stretch caught AverageJoe downloading all of his files and in doing so corrupted them which resulted in stretch having to start from absolute scratch and do them all over again. That's why averagejoe got fired abruptly. No bueno.
Not exactly the story I got from the man himself, but who really knows?? The tightest that operation ever was, was when AJ was there and it seemed like they were making good progress. Stretch is a master shaper and his technology was lightyears ahead of other folks for a long time. But he doesn't totally live up to his potential because the marketing/branding isn't really there.

Reactions: rowjimmytour