XTR

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Wow. Kelly at Lowers yesterday on a Dan Mann XTR (looks like FRK).

Has anyone ever seen a Dan Mann shape in XTR? I haven't...

The board looks a little too think and bouyant on him (IMO).

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
In all honesty, it would be nice if Tomo joined back up with XTR. But unsure if it would make sense financially for him. I think he's doing well for himself doing customs out of AUS.

Reactions: JDJ

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
In all honesty, it would be nice if Tomo joined back up with XTR. But unsure if it would make sense financially for him. I think he's doing well for himself doing customs out of AUS.
I'm sure more US customers would order from CA rather than shipping from Oz. how would it not make sense financially? Keep doing what he wants in Oz, and cash those XTR checks for basically emailing Javier some boar files when he adds a new model every 1-2 years? Money for nuthin, and your chicks for free!

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
That's it, I'm fully sold on xtr. I rode a wave all the way in to shore at a central American point yesterday, and was gonna kick out but kooked and the board went nose first into a bowling ball sized rock and all the other cobble stones around it. Not a scratch, crack or buckle. Also was one of the best sessions of my life. Xtr 8.0 glassed heavy :shaka:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I think I remember Shey saying the carbon strips don’t add much strength to prevent breakage- mostly to stiffen flex. I think most of the ding repair guys also say carbon strips don’t do much
I've heard the same thing. Repair guy, Mike McBride said stringerless with carbon down the middle just adds a quicker rebound and flex. No strength.

Reactions: JDJ and racer1

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That has to be a B-grade, no?

@racer1 Is that yours? Little Wing in Techno Pop build? For Waco? You ride it yet?

I absolutely love my LTPJ in the very old build and none of the ones I've had since have felt that light and lively. I was kind of thinking the newer builds are best for step ups and such.

I'd be interested to hear your underfoot feedback. My PJ felt much more like other non-poly builds, but the others felt more like 464 glassed poly with a dense blank.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Not mine, somebody selling it on Facebook locally

Going back to Waco end of July for a friends bachelor party. I’m going to rent boards this time so I’ll try a libtech , firewire, blacksheep.
Try a Revo or Cymatic duuu